Christian Inu to be shown the door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
NOW Daniel Mortimer is locked up until the end of 2012, the Eels will pull out all stops to try and secure the signatures of Feleti Mateo and Kris Keating - but Krisnan Inu will be shown the door.
Questions were immediately raised yesterday about the remaining Parramatta players off contract now Mortimer's $500,000 two-year deal - along with the re-signings of Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt and Fuifui Moimoi - had all taken a huge chunk out of the salary cap.

It seems almost impossible for Parramatta to keep their full roster intact and stay under the cap. The Daily Telegraph understands that releasing Inu will be one way to ease the headache.

Officials have already started talks with Mateo and Keating, but nothing will be finalised before Friday's NRL opener against the Dragons.

Eels chief executive Paul Osborne last night said the club was keen to retain all three players, despite growing interest from rival clubs.

"This is a good deal for Daniel, but not a super deal financially, [after all] he's only played 18 games," Osborne said. "Obviously some other blokes can earn more money elsewhere, but it's a case of how much more. We're ready to talk to the guys we want to keep and we'll be speaking with Feleti and the two Krises."

Coach Daniel Anderson was delighted Mortimer's deal had been completed before the season kick-off, but also aware other deals were "bubbling along at their own pace".

Anderson refused to say if Keating or Jeff Robson would start at No. 7 on Friday. Mateo is one of the game's most exciting players when firing, while Keating has impressed all the right people during the pre-season after an injury-plagued 2009. Inu, along with Mateo, has attracted interest from the Bulldogs.

As for Mortimer, the 20-year-old signed a new two-year extension with an option for a third year.

After spending the weekend in Wagga, Mortimer said "unfinished business" with the Eels was a big reason for staying put. Parramatta's greatest-ever No. 6, Brett Kenny, said the prized signing was top news for the Eels and Mortimer was the kind of player the club could build a side around.

"His second season will be very important. It remains to be seen how he will get through this year, but if he goes OK there's a big future for him and he can lead the side to bigger and better things," Kenny said.

Another club legend, Ray Price, who attended the Parramatta Town Hall announcement, said: "The dream is just starting [for Mortimer] and so is his journey.

"Parra is in for long trip and a very successful one and I think Daniel will be a big part of it."

Interestingly, one player disappointed by the news was Bulldogs playmaker Brett Kimmorley.

"In the end it was probably too hard for Daniel to leave Parra, and I can understand his reasons why," Kimmorley said. "I would have loved to have seen him here because he's such a good player. 'Kevy' [coach Kevin Moore] was pushing to play another year with him."

I would prefer to see this guy in our centres with Matai

I could handle that trade.

Wasn't he headed to do his mission or something soon though?

Way to interested in the mirror in his back pocket.  Flash in the pan sort of player.  Sooky as well.  Not good for us. 

He's a front runner, doesn't like doing the tough stuff. Prefer Matai.

byso link said:
Looks like a knob when he kicks goals

Agree 100%

And i'm not sure if it was the whole year, but the last few weeks he had what could only be described as a shtstain in his hair.  Just this one tiny patch at the front of light brown.  I'd rather keep Matai

Inu had a very ordinary year in 2009. I don't know why. But previous to that he showed himself to have a lot of talent, including as a goalkicker.

LOL, thank god Des doesn't pick the side on what people do with their hair and look like kicking goals !!

At the right price, good pick up, but would prefer Matai

I actually enjoy watching the bloke smile while preparing to kick. Not sure why buts its entertaining.

But Matai just loves to play footy & has no penchant for relieving the PNG locals of their heathen ways, so in that way he is more reliable & much more maroon & white.

I just watched some early minutes of the disastrous first week final against the Storm. The only person I saw making real metres was Matai.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6