1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrissy Amphlett

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by mickqld, Apr 22, 2013.

1. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    R.I.P the queen of aussie rock. Ahh the memories of seeing the Divinyls at Dee Why hotel and video clips at night clubs like Didi's , Harbord Diggers, The Steyne Hotel, getting pissed as a youth and rocking to the aussie rock tunes. What a sad loss today for an amazing talent and a unique aussie rock sound.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Bones ill let you take this one.

It is sad though

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Hard rocking and hard living lady. Saw them at Selinas in the mid 80's, certainly put on a good show. Must have been a tough last few years for her.

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I saw her there. Dressed in a school uniform she was pure raunch on stage. And I can't forget Doc swinging from the rafters there as well. They were all high energy performances.

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,784 / 58
    Big loss.

What a double kick to the head.

Had MS, then was diagnosed with cancer...and couldn't get chemo because of the....MS

Never saw her live but a trailblazer for sure.

6. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Those were the days/nights , some of which I cant remember. Geez that place was pumping with live bands back in those days.

7. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Absolute legend on stage. Had the pleasure of seeing the Divinyls at The Governors Pleasure at The Rocks. Amazing gig highlighted by Crissy peeing on stage. Not the most attractive look but she was one sexy chick.

8. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,344 / 111
    She lived hard. She died too young. RIP.