1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Walker

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crushercleal, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    What do you guys think about Chris Walker? I know he's a prat, and sometimes he goes missing in defence, but the guy does score tries and would be very useful in attack. Should we make a play for him? He would definitely come cheap.

2. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    We've already got fast wingers whose devensive lapses come into question on occasions. Walker is worse again, maybe he has a slightly better line breaking ability, but he wouldn't add much to the team.

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    yep, he can play with Andrew Walker, Ken McGuinness, Solo, Hoppa, and all the other "reformed characters" we have bought and then tossed a while later,

The Too Hard Basket must be getting pretty full by now.

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I am just going to say NO. He rates up at the top of my most disliked players, for all sorts of reasons.

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    theres got to be other discards we can waste some money on

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    FCUK OFF

Why downgrade from hicks or Don - at least they can make some tackles

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Donald and walker are in the same category - quick but frial in defence.

I'd rather Donald.

8. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    No thanks - he can take a running hike as far as I am concerned or go back to Souths!!!

9. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    the biggest difference between Walker ( and im not suggesting we sign him) and Donald and Hicks is that Hicksy and Donald are good finishers, but rely on someone inside them to put them in space, get them behind the defence etc.

Walker while inconsistant can turn a game, makes busts all over the field and can create a try for himself. hes awesome trailing the forwards looking for off loads, our wingers dont seem to bother to do that.

10. Stevie

Stevie Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Only way I would sign Walker is if one of the Turnstyles broke at the main gate