Chris Hicks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Umiwashi

I didn't know Chris Hicks was back in the NRL (playing tonight).
He would have been handy in a Manly jersey this year.

He was about to retire however in December last year the Eels snapped him up on a 1 year deal.

Do tell how it would be handy. From where I sit we have good depth in the backs and a severe shortage of big boppers.

Good guy but he let the first Penrith try in.  Rushing in and missing the tackle.  Past his best.  Penrith are targeting his side and making metres.

Central Coast Eagle link said:
We are NOT going to relive 2008 by bringing back all of the old players, time to move on...
Hicks left at the end of 2007. His last game was a losing grand final. He was replaced by Wolfman and the rest is history!!!

Watching the average performances from  both Hicks & Orford tonight made me feel a bit better that we did not re sign them this year.

supereagle link said:
Watching the average performances from  both Hicks & Orford tonight made me feel a bit better that we did not re sign them this year.
Eels met an off day Worriers last week who would have lost to anyone - Hicks is in for a long year - too bad imo - no time for anyone in a blue & gold jersey. Orford is past it though Campese will take the reins & could make any 7 look good. Player the Raiders missed was Dugan - their dominant player who would have made the dif tonight. Agree signing either would have been crap but would have loved Beaver back 1 more time - though went out as a Seaeagles legend in 2008 - like he deserved.

Do tell how it would be handy. From where I sit we have good depth in the backs and a severe shortage of big boppers.

Yeah, I was just thinking that as one of our main strike weapons and Captain is presently out (and unfortunately  looking increasingly more susceptible to injury); Steve Matai being also susceptible to injury and suspension; T-rex in the centres, and Brett making his comeback, Hicksy might have been handy.

His familiarity with the Manly backline and his experience may have helped guide our young inexperienced backs to making a succesful transition into the top grade. Two things that would of course affect this line of thought are A. Does Hicksy have that kind of guiding personality/influence, and B. What kind of coin would he want (and we be able to pay). Anyway, it's all a moot point now.

You're not wrong about the big boppers. It will be interesting to see how the powers that be handle the situation.

supereagle link said:

Agreed

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4