Chris Hicks Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
To make room for Joel Monaghan. Not a bad CV for him either

181 NRL games (Penrith and Manly) - played in the GF
81 games for Warrington - 2 Challenge Cup Wins (one he scored a hat trick in - only a handful of players have done so)

2 games for NSW Country

Certain irony there...
Manly wanted Monaghan to join the club years ago, where he probably would have partnered Chris Hicks in the backline, but he chose the Goosters instead.
Now he replaces Hicks in the UK after being a caught out being a very naughty boy. How different might J Monaghan's career trajectory been if he had played with Michael at Manly?

im glad we didnt get joel  monaghan  because then they wouldnt have worried about going after jamie lyon  so hard..

good on ya hicksy  i never forget the tries in 07  kicks to the corner  & you rising above em all & coming down with the ball & scoring  with that bearded  face & the huge grin  ..  GOOD LUCK IN LIFE AFTER LEAGUE ...  ;)

Best wishes to Hicksy. Top bloke and gave his all to Manly.
Enjoy your retirement.

I really liked Hicks as a player.  A very good finisher.  I remember Bani making a break at Brookie and turning to a bloke standing next to me on the hill and saying, 'there's the bloke who'll replace Hicks".  Turned out it was Hick's dad. 

Did Mr Hicks take a swing ??

I liked CHicks, good solid player, and great clubman.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
We all loved C Hicks (and Beaver).

One of the best banners I've seen over the years.

Good luck Hicksy.  I always thought it was a shame he wasn't there for our success in 08.

Good luck to him, one of my all time manly favs.

I noticed in his stats that the he didn't play anywhere in 2003....any of you know it alls know why?

Reserves for the panthers in 03.  That was the year Rooney and Lewis broke into grade and were on the wings. 

That was the rumour Kurri, have to agree the "I Luv C.Hicks Beaver" was a great sign

"FORMER Sea Eagles grand final winger and Wembley Cup final hero Chris Hicks is considering a stunning switch to the Warringah Rats in 2011."

more @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/ex-eagle-eyes-the-rats/

ManlyBacker link said:
\"FORMER Sea Eagles grand final winger and Wembley Cup final hero Chris Hicks is considering a stunning switch to the Warringah Rats in 2011.\"

more @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/ex-eagle-eyes-the-rats/
lol  .. just wrote that somewhere else ..  why would he ..?? he better of staying in uk.. 

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6