Choc VS Gallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
No doubt 2 of the best fowards in the world.
Gallen has become less of a grub in recent seasons & at his best, can dominate most foward packs single handed. Is possibly the strongest player in the game & runs over 200m in most big games. Add his offloads & leadership & he becomes invaluable to all thats good for the Sharks.
Choc is the ultimate warrior competing in every play & also has dynamic power & pace, the quickest play the ball in the NRL, extra aggression & underrated vision in attack. Also great workrate with top shelf quality.
Manly are fortunate to have a juggernaut that can match Gallen & these 2 should vitually rub each other out in big game ability.
Looking foward to this battle!!

With Carney more than likely out then the Sharks will go back to their tried and true method of playing a tight grinding style and work off the fringes with Gallen and Lewis. Thankfully Fifita doesn't look 100% because he could cause some damage if things get down and dirty as well. Tupou and Graham are no slouches either, so our markers and A & B defenders will have to work hard on Friday.

We have to match them up the middle 3rd to contain them, but where we will win it is out wide.

If Choc would only not drop the ball he'd rate 100% but he occasionally drops the ball and puts the side under pressure.

Yep should be a good battle indeed. And Choccy has superior footwork/stepping around defences than Gallen. That part of his game is something Gal cant match. It gets o so important when those big Sharks forward tire later in the game.
Choccy's got this match up, as long as he holds onto the ball more this time

Great match up between the 2. I think with Carney either out or struggling Gallen will shoulder more and more (not always good for the sharks).

Masked Eagle said:
They both make way too many mistakes. Their teams would be better off with out them ....

:huh: Are you talking about T-Rex and Sando or something? lol

I rate Lewis higher than Gallen. Our forwards will dominate theirs with skill, muscle and above all, brains. Our backs will carve them too! I think DCE and Foz will have a field day.

I read some article recently that said that gallen handling the ball so much actually stops their halves & backs from getting quality ball. He makes metres but there is no razzle dazzle.

Don't know where you got the idea that Gallen is not much of a grub.

He's a complete and utter grub.

I think the Sharks have gotten poor value out of him this season as he's spent a large part of it off injured and suspended (mainly as a result of a failed, big mouthed chippy slap Origin effort).

Him taking three hit ups a set does nothing for their attack.

Gal is awesome in origin because he concentrates on being the hard man that makes metres.

I've watched him this year at the sharks and he can play like the kid in under 12s who the best in the team and wants to do it all. He did it again last week when they were behind.

If carney is out I would expect to see more of the same from gal.

He's one of the games premier forwards not play makers but he forgets it sometimes. If he does Friday it will be to our benefit

About 2 or 3 years ago I remember Gus Gould on the Roast talking about Gallen, and he was saying something similar.

He said you get 6 chances in attack, and typically Gallen is taking at least 2 if not 3 of the runs, that's 33 or 50% nullified with no attacking flair.

I think we saw it earlier in the year when Gallen was out injured the other forwards stepped up....Lewis, Fifita etc.

Watmough is better than him on 2013 form.

Gallen has the runs on the board over their careers.

Choc > Gallen in past and present form.

Although Gallen gets him in metres gained, Choc's metres are far more effective.

COMMANDER said:
Don't know where you got the idea that Gallen is not much of a grub.

He's a complete and utter grub.

I think the Sharks have gotten poor value out of him this season as he's spent a large part of it off injured and suspended (mainly as a result of a failed, big mouthed chippy slap Origin effort).

Him taking three hit ups a set does nothing for their attack.
Not pretending he is the gentleman of the game...
He does sail close to the wind but most intimidating fowards will.
If he was a Seaeagle, everyone would only have praise for his tough uncomprimising style of play.
Another thing ppl are forgetting is the fact he is a leader of offloads so these 2-3 hitups a set often include 2nd phase play, making him more than a metre eater.
As a massive Choc fan I agree he is has the edge here, but it could go either way on any given day.
These are 2 world class players who will have a huge say in the outcome of Fridays game, have no doubt.

Probably a few differences between them; Choc has much greater foot speed and pace. He makes breaks for longer distances than Gallen, who is a foot slog meter eater.

Choc is more of a natural footy player and a better athlete.

Chocs hands are sometimes suspect and he's good for giving away two penalties a game.

This isn't said with any Manly bias, this is said with a personal "I don't like Paul Gallen" bias. Give me a half fit Choc over a fully fit Gallen any day.

Unless we ever get so desperate that we have to sign the grub, the only team Gallen ever plays on that I will support is the Kangaroos.

Napper said:
Choc > Gallen in past and present form.

Although Gallen gets him in metres gained, Choc's metres are far more effective.

Spot on Napper. Choc's hit ups put the defence under more pressure and his quicker play the balls mean more to the next ruck than any additional metres Gallen might make. Wouldn't swap him at all.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6