1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choc -- the stats

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by CliffyIsGod, Aug 4, 2009.

1. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    80 minutes, 2 tries, 23 runs, 269m, 29 tackles, 13 tackle breaks, 3 lines breaks, 9 offloads.

2. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
  3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    HOLY ****!

269M is huge.........

HE has come such a long way

4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    Yep, he was the best player on the field last night by a country mile. Did he get the MOM award?

5. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Outstanding. It's no wonder they call him The Army of One. Choc did us proud in defeat.

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    What did Kite run for?  50?  He's starting to resemble the halcyon days of King circa 2004.

7. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I just hope Choc doesn't burn himself out too early.  In saying that we needed him last night and he came through for us, put us in with a chance.

He's got to be the best forward in the NRL surely...

8. CliffyIsGod

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Our props' meters and minutes:

Josh Perry: 45 min, 52 metres
    King: 39 min, 80 metres
    Kite: 34 min, 31 metres
    Rose: 34 min, 54 metres

9. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Kite should grab Orfords hand and go together on a nice 2 year holiday to England.

10. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    The scary thing is i think i saw Kite take a hit up and he made 10m on that run.  So that leaves 21m for all his other runs combined.
    That's pretty bad

11. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    WOW!! I thought Rose was quite effective.. But gee.. Kitey, I love you, though you need to pull the finger out asap!

Starting him from the bench doesn't seem to be working.. What will..?

12. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 20
    King was the only half decent prop on the field.
    Rose, Perry and Kite should hang their heads in shame. 50 or so metres is poor, im sure our backs would have had double that.

13. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    My criticism on Manly was that we were looking for lateral ball rather than hitting it up the guts. We were looking for offloads rather than hard yards up the middle. We were also hitting towards the half and five-eight, trying to to run them around.

My guess is that they played to Dessie's game plan. The lack of metres of all the props surprises me.

Kite, despite his lack of metres was very solid in defence as was George. Surely Des has to take some of this heat???

14. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Mark Geyer said on Talkinsport yesterday arvo that it was 1 of the most dominant ever displays EVER by a back rower

15. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i doubt anyone will disagree with MG. Be great to see him do it the grand final also.

16. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I'm basically lost for words on how well Choc is playing. In the past couple of years he'd pull out a game like this (though not quite this good) and we'd all sit up and go "wow, that's what he can do"....but he's done it every week for the last eight weeks now.

He is playing incredible footy and getting the praise he richly deserves.

My only fear is that he is using up so much petrol trying to get Manly into a safe position before Snake gets back. Surely nobody can keep these kind of performances going, week after week, until the end of the year? Although....Choc is regularly proving me wrong every game these days....

17. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    The two things that were wrong with Choc a year ago was:
    a) his ball handling skills
    b) his mentality

Sure he lost the ball from trying to attempt a silly offload last night but usually he would drop the ball 2-3 times, push some silly pass & go missing for 10-15mins in a game whilst also shwing some devastating impact when on form. He is currently showing that devastating impact without those stupid errors... so far.

Its a common occurance to seem his get some "magic" spray onto his hands before a match & for him to be catching and passiing continually to get his mind on the job.

Hmm go me thinking soo Chocs on what 52 tries or so, how is his current strike rate? could he match the legendary evergreen Beaver?

18. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    how far off the dally m lead was choc when it went undercover. He would have pooled a lot of points recently, but so too would ahve soward.

19. CliffyIsGod

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    He did drop the ball once, from memory, but when he made that many carries, that is bound to happen.

20. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I take it maths isn't your strong point.