Choc the recruitment officer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a grub this bloke has turned out to be

Just in Ch 9news saying he is going for coffee with FOZ this week to tell him how good it is at the eels etc

Lost all respect for this guy, what a ****

Did Choc actually say he was going to meet with Foz?

So in the twilight of his career an unpopular but talented player leaves his club for the original enemy

He leaves with big dollars and a chip on his shoulder the size of a mack truck

If he under performs at his new club not only will his old fans hate him but his new teams fans will hate him for chewing up significant salary cap

This isn't going to end well Choc and it's all your own doing, you are going to be as despised as the last bloke who had the moniker of Choc

This is the guy who late last year stopped putting in and encouraged others to lay off and lose games. FACT. Our gain, Parra's loss.

Gutted he would say that. He's obviously still hurting but the nicest way I can put it is a real lack of class. I've actually got no issues with him saying he would talk to Foz, thats almost a given. But to dump on the club that he owes everything to is too much. Just sad really.

I think he's desperately trying to justify to himself a decision he most probably regrets, but can't change. It's more than possible he realised that he could damn well have retired a Manly hero in a few years time, but had his bluff called by the club: the result being that he ended up at Parramatta. It's no wonder he's unhappy and bitter, and the fact that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer leads him to verbally disparage the club that made him what he is today.

Sadly enough, whilst I expect he may well play Origin again this year (if his form and body hold up) I suspect that he'll fade into obscurity relatively quickly... and he knows it.

The mighty Manly Sea Eagles will be fine, as will Tooves. But I do feel sad for Marga.

I think he's desperately trying to justify to himself a decision he most probably regrets, but can't change. It's more than possible he realised that he could damn well have retired a Manly hero in a few years time, but had his bluff called by the club: the result being that he ended up at Parramatta. It's no wonder he's unhappy and bitter, and the fact that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer leads him to verbally disparage the club that made him what he is today.

Sadly enough, whilst I expect he may well play Origin again this year (if his form and body hold up) I suspect that he'll fade into obscurity relatively quickly... and he knows it.
i couldnt agree more!

This is the guy who late last year stopped putting in and encouraged others to lay off and lose games. FACT. Our gain, Parra's loss.

Are you sure? He was one of our best every week last year playing with a busted bicep. He is a goose, but I don't think he ever "turned it up" on the field.

I have ZERO empathy for Anthony Twatnow, by comparison his great mate Gifty I wish all the very best to.

What's that old saying " don't **** in your own nest"

Anthony Watmough hoping for friendlier welcome from Parramatta Eels fans
Anthony Watmough is expecting a warmer reception the next time he runs onto Pirtek Stadium.

"Hopefully the don't chant 'Watmough's a wanker' any more," Watmough said.

Save for eight appearances for the Northern Eagles, Watmough has played his entire NRL career at Manly until he made the agonising decision to defect to arch rivals Parramatta. Speaking at the Eels' season launch, at which the club announced a new partnership with the University of Western Sydney, the NSW back-rower revealed the role coach Brad Arthur played in the switch.

Advertisement
"I just wanted to play for someone," Watmough said.

"I never thought I'd leave Manly but it's probably been the best move I've made in my life besides marrying my wife and having a couple of kids.

"It's good to wake up every day and want to go to training. I'm not sitting in my car, not wanting to get out. Not wanting to train.

"I'm happy to get out. You know you're going to get flogged but you do it with a smile on your face ... Brad is a pretty inspiring person; you want to go out there and go to battle for him.

"When you speak to him and he says he wants you here to help rebuild a club and help the young kids, it's inspiring. It was an easy decision."

Watmough will not have to wait long to face his former club. There are plenty of former Sea Eagles in the Eels' ranks - Arthur, Will Hopoate, Darcy Lussick and Richie Fa'aoso among them - but the focus will be squarely on Watmough for their blockbuster opening clash the old foes.

"[I'm] excited. There's people in this team who hate Manly even more than I do," Watmough said.

"It's going to be good, I'm glad we get it out of the way early, especially out here at Parra.

"Hopefully it's a packed house and all the Parra fans get down there. I know there's a few boys ready to go, so we're just counting down the days."

There's another change for Watmough this pre-season. For the first time in memory, the 31-year-old is injury free and able to fully participate with his teammates.

"It's the first time in two or three years I can run properly, I can hop and do leg weights and run every day," he said.

"It's a strange feeling being to train day in and day out. It's been a tough few months with Brad and the rest of the coaching staff but it's been enjoyable. I got to meet some great people over here, a great group of kids and a couple of older ones and they are just willing to learn.

"They accepted me with open arms and from day one I felt a part of it."

Tim Mannah and Jarryd Hayne captained the club last year but Arthur is yet to settle on a skipper for 2015. Watmough will be a contender for the honour, although he is expected to be a leader regardless.

"Hopefully I just lead by example," he said.

"I'd always like to think that I lead, but I never did lead on the training paddock that much. I was always pretty lazy. It's been a blessing out here for me, training every day with the kids and watching them grow. I couldn't have made a better move."

The Eels finished just one win shy of an unlikely play-off berth last year, a remarkable improvement following successive wooden spoons. While the club will likely struggle to score as many points without Hayne - the NFL hopeful scored 20 tries and made 23 line breaks last year - Arthur is hoping his side won't be overpowered after a brutal pre-season.

"Everyone is bigger, stronger and fitter this time around," Arthur said.

"We've trained for it this year, the boys are going to be a lot more confident when things don't go their way and respond due to the work they have done pre-season," Arthur said.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2