1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choc says Cherry may as well go NOW

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by EagleFromMay1967, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
  2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    All our club can do is to do the talking on the field with winning games . The more games we lose the more media stories and speculation

• Like Like x 1
  3. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    I found his comments interesting.

I would rather his opinion that some journos.

4. MWSE4LIFE

MWSE4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    I'm not sticking up for him by any means, strangely, I kinda agree with him with what he said about Glenn and Orr. I know he's saying it from a jaded angle, but I think the earlier we move on from this the better. This is actually the clearest he's been, maybe the facial from MB rubbed some sense in. #dontshootmedown

5. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,519 / 134
    He hasn't said anything out of line. I'd be happy if we let DCE go now if we could take Elgey on a swap.

I really like that he blamed the old board for Glenn's departure, because it just confirms what we all thought. I think the right people are running the place again, we're just feeling the aftershocks of what they did.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I blame Zorba more than the old board or even own owners. It was really his refusal to accept he was a dinosaur and should have retired gracefully instead he used his relationship with he Penns to wreak revenge which is still being played out to this day.

7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    It's very unlike Choc to say anything that might destabilise us. ;)

I'm sure there would have already been meetings between....

1. The head honcho's, Toovey and DCE.
    2. Toovey, DCE and the rest of the team.

If they are all on the same page, and DCE has agreed to play his heart out this year, then I'm more than happy for that to happen.

If not, then I'm more than confident the club will make the right call on how to proceed.

What Choc thinks will rate about as highly as what some of us think in these meetings. Very little!

8. Snake

Ratings:
    +2,519 / 134
    He is very close to the Stewart boys and there is no way he would have been part of Glenn's shafting.

9. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    Huh? I thought the players love Zorba.
    They always seem to be chummy with him.

10. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Not with letting Glenn go, but he was the one driving a wedge between the players and the board. If he was out of the picture it wouldn't have surprised me if all the players would have realised that it was possibly for the best but Zorba was in their ears telling them how the board was trying to drive them apart when really all I think they were doing was looking like making a decision to move some players on and to shore up the playing list for the future.

11. Snake

Ratings:
    +2,519 / 134
    I am still of the opinion (and probably always will be) that letting Glenn go was a dud move. He should have retired at Manly.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    In a perfect world absolutely. I think they had a tough decision to make, but Gifty looked like he was busted and the risk in giving him another 2 years and not having enough under the cap to keep our halves, well obviously hindsight is 20/20 and you might not agree with it, but you can at least understand how & why they came to that decision.

13. Snake

Ratings:
    +2,519 / 134
    I can see your point, but even at the time I was concerned it would tear the playing group apart and my worst fears have been realised.

The one big question mark I have concerning Glenn is why he is all of the sudden so fit and slim? Was he breaking down all the time because he was unfit and overweight? Or was he unfit and overweight because he couldn't train properly due to breaking down? Or was he being trained poorly by the Manly staff?

It could be that he grew complacent at Manly, and the fresh start at Souths reinvigorated his desire to succeed and get fit again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    I think he just had a long time to get right for this season since he didn't play the second half of the year. It might also be that Souths don't need him as a battering ram, sat him down with their trainers and said look you're not young anymore and we have some big boppers we need your experience skill and work rat so this year you're gonna train like this to reflect that.

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    well he barely had a run on Thursday so maybe he is just playing 5/8 on the right

16. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    meh, someone at parra told choc he has as many brain cells as legs.

He took that to mean he should run and blab to the media all the time.

17. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    I found most of what he said to be right. Which is a sad state of affairs...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,402 / 257
    Maybe at Manly he was carrying the weight of expectation...@;)

19. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,842 / 190
    Zorba and Penn had nothing to do with the Quantims decision not to offer Gift a new contract .