Choc says Cherry may as well go NOW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All our club can do is to do the talking on the field with winning games . The more games we lose the more media stories and speculation

I found his comments interesting.

I would rather his opinion that some journos.

I'm not sticking up for him by any means, strangely, I kinda agree with him with what he said about Glenn and Orr. I know he's saying it from a jaded angle, but I think the earlier we move on from this the better. This is actually the clearest he's been, maybe the facial from MB rubbed some sense in. #dontshootmedown

He hasn't said anything out of line. I'd be happy if we let DCE go now if we could take Elgey on a swap.

I really like that he blamed the old board for Glenn's departure, because it just confirms what we all thought. I think the right people are running the place again, we're just feeling the aftershocks of what they did.

I blame Zorba more than the old board or even own owners. It was really his refusal to accept he was a dinosaur and should have retired gracefully instead he used his relationship with he Penns to wreak revenge which is still being played out to this day.

It's very unlike Choc to say anything that might destabilise us. ;)

I'm sure there would have already been meetings between....

1. The head honcho's, Toovey and DCE.
2. Toovey, DCE and the rest of the team.

If they are all on the same page, and DCE has agreed to play his heart out this year, then I'm more than happy for that to happen.

If not, then I'm more than confident the club will make the right call on how to proceed.

What Choc thinks will rate about as highly as what some of us think in these meetings. Very little!

I blame Zorba more than the old board or even own owners. It was really his refusal to accept he was a dinosaur and should have retired gracefully instead he used his relationship with he Penns to wreak revenge which is still being played out to this day.
He is very close to the Stewart boys and there is no way he would have been part of Glenn's shafting.

Huh? I thought the players love Zorba.
They always seem to be chummy with him.

Not with letting Glenn go, but he was the one driving a wedge between the players and the board. If he was out of the picture it wouldn't have surprised me if all the players would have realised that it was possibly for the best but Zorba was in their ears telling them how the board was trying to drive them apart when really all I think they were doing was looking like making a decision to move some players on and to shore up the playing list for the future.

I am still of the opinion (and probably always will be) that letting Glenn go was a dud move. He should have retired at Manly.

In a perfect world absolutely. I think they had a tough decision to make, but Gifty looked like he was busted and the risk in giving him another 2 years and not having enough under the cap to keep our halves, well obviously hindsight is 20/20 and you might not agree with it, but you can at least understand how & why they came to that decision.

In a perfect world absolutely. I think they had a tough decision to make, but Gifty looked like he was busted and the risk in giving him another 2 years and not having enough under the cap to keep our halves, well obviously hindsight is 20/20 and you might not agree with it, but you can at least understand how & why they came to that decision.

I can see your point, but even at the time I was concerned it would tear the playing group apart and my worst fears have been realised.

The one big question mark I have concerning Glenn is why he is all of the sudden so fit and slim? Was he breaking down all the time because he was unfit and overweight? Or was he unfit and overweight because he couldn't train properly due to breaking down? Or was he being trained poorly by the Manly staff?

It could be that he grew complacent at Manly, and the fresh start at Souths reinvigorated his desire to succeed and get fit again.

I think he just had a long time to get right for this season since he didn't play the second half of the year. It might also be that Souths don't need him as a battering ram, sat him down with their trainers and said look you're not young anymore and we have some big boppers we need your experience skill and work rat so this year you're gonna train like this to reflect that.

meh, someone at parra told choc he has as many brain cells as legs.

He took that to mean he should run and blab to the media all the time.

I can see your point, but even at the time I was concerned it would tear the playing group apart and my worst fears have been realised.

The one big question mark I have concerning Glenn is why he is all of the sudden so fit and slim? Was he breaking down all the time because he was unfit and overweight? Or was he unfit and overweight because he couldn't train properly due to breaking down? Or was he being trained poorly by the Manly staff?

It could be that he grew complacent at Manly, and the fresh start at Souths reinvigorated his desire to succeed and get fit again.
Maybe at Manly he was carrying the weight of expectation...@;)

Zorba and Penn had nothing to do with the Quantims decision not to offer Gift a new contract .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6