Choc picked in Kangaroos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Choc is our only rep in the Kangaroos. Ben Creagh didnt get picked or Costigan both Origin players and GF winners.
The team is: Darren Lockyer (C), Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos); Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, David Shillington (Canberra Raiders); Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks); Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans); Anthony Watmough (Manly Sea Eagles); Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm); Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights); Matthew Scott, Willie Tonga (Nth Qld Cowboys); Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels); Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers); Darius Boyd, Brett Morris, Dean Young (St George Illawarra Dragons); Todd Carney, Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters); Brent Tate (New Zealand Warriors); Robbie Farah, Chris Lawrence (Wests Tigers).

Do the selectors watch club games? I can't see Choc deserving it on his latest performances - I mean hey he's a great player but he hasn't quite had the form lately.

NO NO NO

Congrats on the selction but I really want him to have this time off, he's been playing virtually non stop footy for about 3 years and a good break will do him the world of good.

Surely Creagh and/or Costigan deserves to be picked ahead of choc ?????

Creagh has been stamped never to play rep football again for backing away at a 100 miles an hour from Hodges in last years origin match. 

tookey link said:
Creagh has been stamped never to play rep football again for backing away at a 100 miles an hour from Hodges in last years origin match. 

Yeah and with good reason.

He runs a bloody good angle though (Creagh) it's just a matter of ticker

tookey link said:
Then why was picked again for this year's series?

International debuts (I think?) for Carney, Young, Learoyd-Lars, Scott, Farrah, Lawrence.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185679.msg300855#msg300855 date=1286167198]
Then why was picked again for this year's series?

International debuts (I think?) for Carney, Young, Learoyd-Lars, Scott, Farrah, Lawrence.
[/quote]

Second and final chance i guess?  But yet he failed for NSW again.

I thought Choc pulled out so he could get surgery or something? 

Farah huh, will Sheens coach the rest of the team to be cats and lie down?

No doubt choc didn't come close this year to what he produced last season but I don't but he hasn't been 100% for a while.  His effort while playing busted the last few games I thought was his best for the year.  I think he struggled with the change in game plan.  Was kinda hoping he would miss the four nations to give himself a rest and get ready for 2011.

choc was injured but choc missed orford more than most. The orford short ball to watters was awesome and a big part of manly converting pressure into points

jbb/james link said:
choc was injured but choc missed orford more than most. The orford short ball to watters was awesome and a big part of manly converting pressure into points
or he missed  brett stewart , running up the middle in support everytime he made a break, he set snake up plenty once he broke through the 1st line of defense.. i watched the 08 highlights dvd the other day choc is away  &  snake running up next to him  ,, try all the time..

He missed Orford more. I am pretty sure his line breaks were down.

He ran off Orford Short balls all day last year, but I guess that also had to do with the fact Stewart was lurking around the same hole, so put them in 2 minds

snake was another who cashed in off orford just quietly, especially his kicks. there are highlight reels full of orford kicks, snake scores

mickqld link said:
Surely Creagh and/or Costigan deserves to be picked ahead of choc ?????

Agree. I think Saints have been a little dudded, not that I really give a toss. Creagh deserves a spot.

you clowns serious about Creagh

did you even watch this marshmellow in origin

i know choc drops the odd ball but chocs a big game player

this pelican is a nothing

even the first half yesterday proves that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4