Choc is officially retired

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actions speak louder and longer than words in the fullness of time for me. A **** stirrer and a bit of a ratbag (after all he was from Narrabeen--always full of psychos when I was playing junior league) but an absolute lynchpin of the pack that gave us the enduring dominance for so many years; and broke his body doing it. I'd buy him a beer anytime.

And if he's pivotal to parra's season being destroyed, well, we should probably erect a statue on pittwater road somewhere.
Hey wait on there just a minute. I played 14 seasons for the Narrabeen Sharks and went to Narrabeen Boys High (I was there when it went co-ed.........ooh la la) and there were no psychos there when I was there. Well, maybe one or two.......come to think of it there was a few. We did burn the school down a few times too.......hmmmm.

Choc was a fantastic player for Manly-especially in their formative years under Hasler. But he **** on the club that he loved so much. The club that believed in him and gave a shot at the big time-despite all of his A grade foolishness. Believe me when I say he was very carefully man managed, and there is a closet full of skeletons.

I want to know if choc is getting an Eels Tat on his other bicep?
If he hates Manly So much he should...
One of the club favourites..Life member who **** on the club big time on the way out.
Shame but he is tainted unless he comes clean and apologises as I am sure the fans could forgive him as deep down he would have been hurting at being shown the door.
I dont remember Beaver Crapping on us after Des Shafted him!

I watched the 2011 grand final on the weekend and Choc was unbelievably good.

That is how I will remember him. Manly warrior.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

PARRAMATTA coach Brad Arthur has admitted for the first time he is unsure whether star Anthony Watmough will play in the NRL again.

Watmough, after moving to the Eels last season on a lucrative four-year deal, is yet to be sighted in 2016 and hasn’t played since last July.

The former Manly star remains in Parramatta’s rehab group and is considered a week-to-week proposition, but Arthur says the debilitating knee injury that has kept Watmough out has shown no signs of improvement.

40a36ac49cc37f491b9f39162ae27c33

Anthony Watmough hasn’t played since last July. Picture: Gregg Porteous
“He’d love to come back but I just don’t know if his body’s going to allow him to,” Arthur said.

Arthur admits he’s almost forgotten about the veteran forward.:eek:

“He’s in the rehab group but those blokes tend to get lost a little bit once you’re playing week to week,” he said.

Oh my, Arthur doesn't love choc anymore and has even forgot about him!

I'd love to know what choc really thinks about all of this.

Yes he may get paid out for the 3 years but this guy will be wanting to play.

His knee is probably wrecked but I wonder if it's more to do with parra needing him off their books due to their rorting.

A year off as a free agent and I wonder if choc may pop up overseas for a year or 2...

Foran better hope that he doesn't get injured or Arthur will forget about him as well.

Arthur sounds like a real loyal bloke. he has to be involved in this salary cap stuff as he would have ok'd signing Watmough for 4 years and would have known what the club would have been prepared/needed to pay him.

Great signing knowing that he had 1 year at best left in him.

No way parra can payout Watmough and not have it included in the salary cap as his knee injury is not new as it is a gradual deterioration over the years.

Let's all say it for what it is:
When he played for us in his peak we were proud as punch for the way he constantly played above his weight, his ability to bust the line, and his penchant for playing through injuries. He helped guide us to 4 GF's, no mean feat.
The abovementioned abilities allowed us to forgive his tendencies to drop balls and throw errant passes, although not as much during his final couple of years when he stopped breaking the line and so his value dropped considerably.
However, his move to Parra has left a bad taste in our mouths, and I think we all agree it could have been handled better by him.
In saying that, I think in a couple of years we will largely forget the whole Parra incident and remember him for what he really was - on the field a true Manly legend.

17 games for Parra out of a possible 29 since leaving, that's pretty good for Parra a signings.

In saying that, I think in a couple of years we will largely forget the whole Parra incident and remember him for what he really was - on the field a true Manly legend.

Maybe, and that's everyone's choice/ decision. - no probs there.

watmough quote: "there's people here who hate Manly even more than I do!"

If I ever get around to the 'forgiveness' part - the above quote is what is going to take the longest.

I still get annoyed when meninga gets stuff from the nrl after his 'what has footy ever given me?' quote.

so...if you wanna publicly say you hate the club I support.....well go and get ****ed you drongo.

But as you say....it has not been a couple of years yet.

If I ever get around to the 'forgiveness' part - the above quote is what is going to take the longest.

I still get annoyed when meninga gets stuff from the nrl after his 'what has footy ever given me?' quote.

so...if you wanna publicly say you hate the club I support.....well go and get ****ed you drongo.

You're probably right regarding some of his comments. Maybe he will regret those too in a couple of years. I just think time heals wounds to an extent, and it's still too fresh/hurts too much for us right now for most of us to forgive him yet. But I stand by saying that the good stuff he did for us for more than a decade far outweighs the recent negative stuff.

He is scared ****less , knows how to play football and that's it will be lost in the real world of a nine to five career paying and average wage.

Well, in all likelihood, I would say he's finished, the big question here is, will the insurance company honour the policy, considering it was a chronic injury that made him retire.
Also the same with the NRL, everyone knows he went to Parra as a "crock", so his contract should still be included in the salary cap, different story if he suffered a career ending injury similar to Jharal Yow Yee.
Everyone knew that Choc would never see out the four year term, so in the end it was a sweetheart deal to entice him with the purpose of enticing others.

so in the end it was a sweetheart deal to entice him with the purpose of enticing others.
One in particular.
The Dalai is looking more dodgy every day.
Jeez we need to beat this slimy man and his worms.

Anthony Watmough...an 8 year old child trapped in a man's body.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6