Choc Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but if Chocs injury isn't 100% or if he is ruled out, how about we put Hoppa (Due back this week) into the No 4 and Matai into the No 11.

I know it will test Matai's neck & shoulder, but only for one game.

OR

Hoppa to No 13 and Glenn to No 11

Not a great idea Ralphie, we have back rowers galore.

Hopefully King should be back.

I just thought it was a way to keep all three of Robbo, Wolfie & Hoppa in the team.

Wolfie will get his chance next year.

I guess we'll just have to wait till tomorrow to find out what's named.

I'm hoping Hoppa in for Wolfie and T-Rex in for Mauro

Ok then, wrong thread but this is the team for this week

1. Snake
2. Robbo
3. Jamie
4. Matai
5. Hoppa/Wolf
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Rodney
12. Joe G
13. Glenn
14. Rose
15. Mauro
16. Buhrer
17. T-Rex
18. Wolfie/Hoppa

It's going to be very tough, D. Williams has scored 3 tries in the last 2 games and has looked very good (with the exception of the dropped ball that would have been a certain try against the rabbits). I certainly don't envy Des's position but I'd rather have the problem of too much talent than not enough. I like the idea of rotating the backs but if they start resting blokes like Williams, Stewart and Robertson, Hoppa isn't going to get any consistent game time in one position. Unfortunately left centre is probably Hoppa's best position and Matai is no chance of being dropped or moved so one of the wingers has to go. Hoppa appears to be better on the left but Robbo is too safe to be dropped, he's not an explosive player like Williams but there's barely a safer winger around. Having a back 3 of Hoppa, Robbo and Stewart is going to make the attacking kicks very difficult for the opposition. Add Lyon to that and you can see why Manly are so good at diffusing attacking kicks.

What a problem to have. I think Hoppa will not be played this week. Des will give his hammy another week. What options, Oldfield, Hoppa, Williams, Robbo, even Big Tony. A richness of players at the moment.

Wolf didn't look too good towards the end of the game with some sort of leg injury so maybe rest Wolf and play hoppa. As for choc we have a heap of players ready to fill the spot without moving Matai.

The Eagle said:
Drop Mauro??? Are you f**king crazy???

He has been an absolute machine since getting a starting spot

So leave T-Rex's impact out?

I'd have Galuvao, Rodney, Buhrer and Rose before Mauro.

Mauro reminds me of Mark Byrant, the no frills forward who'll take the ball up and make tackles without doing anything spectacular.

He's been good this season for us, but T-Rex provides us with a certain X-Factor on the left edge. Since he's been injured, we haven't been going down that side as often, they aren't as worried when Foz is running the ball to the line when T-Rex isn't running full steam next to him.

Tough decision mate, just like having to drop either Wolf or Robbo, but Hoppa and T-Rex have the X-Factor that Mauro nor the other wingers provide.

the answer is simple we have 6 exceptional options for 5 places

Lets start rotating these guys to keep em fresh for the finals

Sorry but we should drop Wolfman, he is probably the weakest under the high ball. Hoppas ability to defuse bombs is a huge asset

I don't think you can rotate like the Australian Cricket Team...

Players need to build combinations and get to know each others game well....i guess with forwards you could rotate because they interchange every 20 mins anyway, but with the backs you need to know the player either side of you very well and anticipate what each other is going to do...rotating won't help with that.

this debate will go on all year ! Its a great problem to be in ! any other coach would be over the moon to have the depth that we have at the moment. For this reason i would rest choc and welcome back trex. My team for this week would be:

01.Stewart
02.Robertson
03.Lyon
04.Matai
05.Williams
06.Foran
07.DCE
08.King
09.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Galuvou
12.Mauro
13.Stewart

14.Trex
15.Rodney
16.Buhrer
17.Rose

Ive chosen mauro to start due to the fact he has started a few games lately. I believe Hoppa is not ready yet, if wolfman is out then bring in Oldfield !

i guess out of all this heated discussion is, we're not sure whether Hoppa or T-Rex is even available yet for this week. haha

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2