Choc and Seu Seu charged with urinating in public

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Choc better learn from this.  Hasn't he seen the young guns step up in the absence of older injured/suspended players.  These days no-one is indispensible.  I'd be punting TSS and free up some cap space.  

Dropmough is a dumbass so its no suprise he does these kinds of things.
I'm not saying all footballers are stupid but a large number of them would be digging holes somewhere if it wasn't for the game of rugby league so i don't know why the media etc carry on the way they do when some players do dumb s**t. Goes with the territory.

The argument "would you lose a weeks pay and get suspended from work if you pissed on a wall" has no merit. The avg joe isn't in the public eye representing a brand name and sponsors so you can't compare the two.
Having said that though I'm sure if you were walking round town pissing on things infront of potential customers wearing a work shirt with company logos on it your boss wouldnt be too happy and would take some form of action.

I think the club took the right action. Choc needs to know he's not invincible and it's obvious the punishment isn't a token gesture by the club to keep the nrl and media happy. The club seems to be genuinely pissed.....scuse the pun.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=187298.msg330472#msg330472 date=1301901796]
Manly is supported by lots of kids with mothers and fathers who are revolted by this sort of thing - spurred on by the 'salivating' press of course.

Borderline impossible. Any male who is revolted by someone taking a piss on a wall/shop front is a homo, and therefore the chances of him having a kid is borderline zero.
[/quote]

One too many Volleys to the head I suspect

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
David Gallop slams Manly pair

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...-1cye7.htmlNRL

NRL chief executive David Gallop has blasted Manly forwards Anthony Watmough and Terence Seu Seu following their arrest for urinating on a shopfront on Sunday night.
Gallop accused Watmough and Seu Seu of bringing disrespect to the game and welcomed the Sea Eagles' decision to stand the pair down for one match.
NSW and Test backrower Watmough and hooker Seu Seu were also fined a week's wages by the club on Monday, in addition to the $220 on-the-spot penalty issued to them by police for offensive behaviour.
They will sit out Saturday's clash with Cronulla at Toyota Stadium.
\"Without knowing the full details, the club has seen fit to send a strong message because this sort of behaviour lets down everyone in the game and we will wait to get a more detailed report from them,\" Gallop said.
\"At a time when the competition couldn't be better and when fans are enjoying the game in record numbers, players deserve to see their achievements on the field recognised.
\"And even though it may not seem the biggest crime to some, off-field behaviour such as this is disrespectful to the rest of the players in the game.\"
Sea Eagles chief executive Graham Lowe labelled the pair's behaviour as unacceptable.
\"They have embarrassed themselves and the club and its sponsors and supporters,\" Lowe said in a statement.
\"They have shown great remorse for their silly action and will pay a heavy penalty.\"
Watmough and Seu Seu provided a joint statement expressing their regret for what happened.
\"We are bitterly disappointed with our actions and for the fact that we have let our teammates, our families and our supporters down,\" they said.
\"It was a careless and stupid thing to do and we accept the suspension without complaint.\"
The incident is another black mark against Watmough, who has been involved in a series of off-field incidents in recent years.
Less than two months ago the 27-year-old lost his driving licence after being caught clocking 133kph in an 80kph speed zone.
In 2009, Watmough was fined $10,000 by the club and given an official reprimand following a scuffle with a club sponsor.
The man's 21-year-old daughter also claimed she was insulted by Watmough.
Watmough, who has been capped by NSW five times and appeared for the Kangaroos on four occasions, was also involved in an incident with Steve Matai where the pair were assaulted by a gang of men in January last year.
Both players were cleared of any wrongdoing by the club following the attack.

My spies on the ground said it was chaos at NRL HQ this afternoon.  Gallop had originally been told it was TODD CARNEY who urinated in public and he had a statement all ready to go when he was told it was actually TWO MANLY PLAYERS!  As a result poor old Gallop had to completely redraft his statement.

The good news is that I managed to get my hands on the original statement.

Todd knows what happened on Sunday was more in the realm of an inadvertent mistake than deliberate conduct.  He has assured me that he was drunk out of his mind and he didn't know that he was pissing on the shop, and I have taken him at his word.

If he makes another four of five really big mistakes we will certainly consider cutting down his appearances as the face of the game by up to 10%, and we may even potentially consider fining him up to $250.

This is a guy who was already put out of the game for 12 months by us.  This is a stumble along the way in an area which he’s put a lot of hard work into. In the past 12 months he has urinated almost exclusively in the bowl, urinal and/or the bucket beside his bed.  This is a big step from a few years ago when he was regularly pissing on random people's heads.

We don’t believe putting him out for another short period is necessarily going to help him stop pissing everywhere.  When you drink as much as Todd, you have to piss a lot.  I think we should all recognise that and make some concessions for him.  As long as he doesn't piss on anyone important like Rupert or yours truly things should be okay.

There are many people who have worked to see Todd get another chance at rebuilding his career and for he has responded in way which, to be honest, gives me a fair bit of wood.

There is also no escaping the poor record that Todd must deal with during his time as the face of the game in 2011.  To that end I would like to announce that Todd will also be the face of the game in 2012.  I believe this decision will ensure that he gets on top of his problems.  We have set a target to cut down Todd's off field indiscretions to 5 by 2020 and, while I acknowledge that target is optimistic, I do believe he can get close.

I will now take questions from all relevant media outlets, being Fox Sports and the Daily Telegraph.  However I only have 5 minutes, as I'm due to meet Todd down at the pub for a few jagerbombs to celebrate his appointment as 2012 face of the game.

By the way, did I mention Manly's 2009 boozy season launch?  It was absolutely disgraceful.

Canteen Worker link said:
Boys and girls, lots of crap has been written here. (poor little boys, hurting the team, who hasn't done this ......... blah, blah blah!)

Manly has called the fine - not the NRL. The players lose their salary for the game. Also they are on warning for what is publicly acceptable.

Whether anyone here has done the same - these guys have signed a code of conduct, know they are public figures and also carry the reputation of the club around with them. Manly is supported by lots of kids with mothers and fathers who are revolted by this sort of thing - spurred on by the 'salivating' press of course.

Bottom line is that both were idiots - one to do what they did and secondly to be caught.

If this can instill greater discipline and wake up both players, it will be a sentence well served.

Well said CW, these peanuts just never learn and need to be

1. Responsible for their actions
2. Accountable
3. Not get away with offering a false apology time and time again

I would like to pose this hypothetical question to everyone.

If it had of been either snake or killer that were caught would we be condoning or condemning them?

weve come to expect this from him on and off the field now he likes dropping his balls it comes naturally for mr dropmough, i think a 10k fine would of been enough though

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=187298.msg330472#msg330472 date=1301901796]
Boys and girls, lots of crap has been written here. (poor little boys, hurting the team, who hasn't done this ......... blah, blah blah!)

Manly has called the fine - not the NRL. The players lose their salary for the game. Also they are on warning for what is publicly acceptable.

Whether anyone here has done the same - these guys have signed a code of conduct, know they are public figures and also carry the reputation of the club around with them. Manly is supported by lots of kids with mothers and fathers who are revolted by this sort of thing - spurred on by the 'salivating' press of course.

Bottom line is that both were idiots - one to do what they did and secondly to be caught.

If this can instill greater discipline and wake up both players, it will be a sentence well served.

Well said CW, these peanuts just never learn and need to be

1. Responsible for their actions
2. Accountable
3. Not get away with offering a false apology time and time again

I would like to pose this hypothetical question to everyone.

If it had of been either snake or killer that were caught would we be condoning or condemning them?

[/quote]

If it's a first time offence it's a bit different and probably a fine would suffice.

The 2 serial offenders haven't learnt how to behave in public even though they know  the media will be looking for any incident no matter how minor it is.

Yes Choc and Later Later should cop a suspension for what they did. But is anyone else getting alarmed at the fact that player's names are getting released to the Media from the Police

Des really has to bring Watnows ego into line.The bloke is a knob.I can handle him because of his footy ability.But serously.
Whatever happened to the no wanker policy that used to be enforced??
If that was in old Choc would get the chop!!

WAMF link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=187298.msg330510#msg330510 date=1301907916]
I'd be punting TSS and free up some cap space. 
Mate, there was an article I recall reading where it stated he was on minimum wage.
[/quote]

Shame that we're the ones paying it.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=187298.msg330543#msg330543 date=1301912911]
Mate, there was an article I recall reading where it stated he was on minimum wage.
[/quote]

[/quote]

He almost won a game for us after listless Ballin went off
He was our best against saints last years semi
I think you watch games from a different season,perhaps
last year

My spies on the ground said it was chaos at NRL HQ this afternoon.  Gallop had originally been told it was TODD CARNEY who urinated in public and he had a statement all ready to go when he was told it was actually TWO MANLY PLAYERS!  As a result poor old Gallop had to completely redraft his statement.

The good news is that I managed to get my hands on the original statement.

Todd knows what happened on Sunday was more in the realm of an inadvertent mistake than deliberate conduct.  He has assured me that he was drunk out of his mind and he didn't know that he was pissing on the shop, and I have taken him at his word.

If he makes another four of five really big mistakes we will certainly consider cutting down his appearances as the face of the game by up to 10%, and we may even potentially consider fining him up to $250.

This is a guy who was already put out of the game for 12 months by us.  This is a stumble along the way in an area which he’s put a lot of hard work into. In the past 12 months he has urinated almost exclusively in the bowl, urinal and/or the bucket beside his bed.  This is a big step from a few years ago when he was regularly pissing on random people's heads.

We don’t believe putting him out for another short period is necessarily going to help him stop pissing everywhere.  When you drink as much as Todd, you have to piss a lot.  I think we should all recognise that and make some concessions for him.  As long as he doesn't piss on anyone important like Rupert or yours truly things should be okay.

There are many people who have worked to see Todd get another chance at rebuilding his career and for he has responded in way which, to be honest, gives me a fair bit of wood.

There is also no escaping the poor record that Todd must deal with during his time as the face of the game in 2011.  To that end I would like to announce that Todd will also be the face of the game in 2012.  I believe this decision will ensure that he gets on top of his problems.  We have set a target to cut down Todd's off field indiscretions to 5 by 2020 and, while I acknowledge that target is optimistic, I do believe he can get close.

I will now take questions from all relevant media outlets, being Fox Sports and the Daily Telegraph.  However I only have 5 minutes, as I'm due to meet Todd down at the pub for a few jagerbombs to celebrate his appointment as 2012 face of the game.

By the way, did I mention Manly's 2009 boozy season launch?  It was absolutely disgraceful.
PMSL.... :D(yes,PISS!)...

Nthn NSW link said:
Des really has to bring Watnows ego into line.The bloke is a knob.I can handle him because of his footy ability.But serously.
Whatever happened to the no w****r policy that used to be enforced??
If that was in old Choc would get the chop!!

Surely he can't have too many more chances before his contract is torn up. When you get paid $400,000, more is expected from you than just on field performances. By the response on this forum, I think most fans are sick and tired of the bad press that Watmough brings on our club.

Mustve been pretty bloody pissed.Dont you know that having a piss together is good for team bonding and especially morale.

Watmough is getting paid $8,000 a week. He is in a priviledged position yet he thinks no responsibilities come with it. He treats the club, fans and public with contempt.

How many people on this forum get that wage? I'd suggest no-one.

Wake up to yourself Watmough, there are other players eager to take your place and would probably do so for a lot less.

Too many chances...should be made to get out early on the corso after a Saturday nite and scrub the p!ss and vomit left. Choc will never wake up to himself...

Shane link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=187298.msg330551#msg330551 date=1301914161]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=187298.msg330543#msg330543 date=1301912911]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He almost won a game for us after listless Ballin went off
He was our best against saints last years semi
I think you watch games from a different season,perhaps
last year
[/quote]

He was awful for most of last year but picked up his game & was admittedly damn good in our final few games, funny what playing for a contract will do for players.

He is getting a lot of credit this year for our ability to close strong, personally I don't think that he's done anything that Ballin or Buhrer (as an example) could do in the same situation.

Things like getting arrested (albeit for something minor) aren't something a player like him can afford. Get rid of him, let one of our juniors fill the spot.

swoop link said:
Watmough is getting paid $8,000 a week. He is in a priviledged position yet he thinks no responsibilities come with it. He treats the club, fans and public with contempt.

How many people on this forum get that wage? I'd suggest no-one.

Wake up to yourself Watmough, there are other players eager to take your place and would probably do so for a lot less.

Any publicity is good publicity

Our media manager is piss poor so they helped out where they could

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4