Choc - 250th NRL Game Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phantar said:
Or as the local blow-in wankerati call it - Freshwater. They even managed to have the name officially changed.

Waringah council at its money wasting best.

On counting the NE games for Manly players like Choc and Menzies, I don't think the guys that came into the NE from Norths would be keen to have those games now considered Manly records.

Best to leave it alone and accept there are official records, and then there are the ones us fans, the club and the players accept as 'club' records.

Pittwater Legend said:
All of this debate has got me reading about Steve Menzies.

According to Wikipedia Steve has played 511 professional matches (including all of his representative games) and has scored 259 tries. He has amassed more than 1000 points off scoring tries alone.

He is the oldest ever player to feature in Super League.

I don't think we'll ever see another player achieve what he has. To make it a little bit sweeter he was a local junior who came from the beautiful suburb of Harbord.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Beaver-510?highlight=beaver

Chip and Chase said:
Pittwater Legend said:
All of this debate has got me reading about Steve Menzies.

According to Wikipedia Steve has played 511 professional matches (including all of his representative games) and has scored 259 tries. He has amassed more than 1000 points off scoring tries alone.

He is the oldest ever player to feature in Super League.

I don't think we'll ever see another player achieve what he has. To make it a little bit sweeter he was a local junior who came from the beautiful suburb of Harbord.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Beaver-510?highlight=beaver
Yes but if you ask the powers that be in the nrl about recognising those achievements they would most probably reply 'Steve who?' There is only one place for a super human in their eyes and that position has been secured for life by lockyer

No one has played as consistently hard and intense as choc. Have much man love for the guy. Just like beaver ill shed a tear the day he calls it a day. He also deserves the 40-0 GF finish. Kudos for 250, lets hope he makes it to 400!

True legend of the club. Hope he has a blinder and we get a win up.

kingoftherodeo said:
No one has played as consistently hard and intense as choc. Have much man love for the guy. Just like beaver ill shed a tear the day he calls it a day. He also deserves the 40-0 GF finish. Kudos for 250, lets hope he makes it to 400!

Choc is a legend. I too will shed a tear the day he decides to retire, but until then I wish him every success and so look forward to his next milestones of 300, 350 and hopefully 400. He is a great player and one of the nice guys. Good luck to him tonight. Love him and proud to be his number one supporter.

250 NRL games is a massive achievement and especially to be playing them in the forwards.
Choc has really stepped up as leader and is a huge part of our team.
Onya Choc your a fricking legend.
Let's hope he is rewarded with a win tonight at Fortress Brookie.

marga said:
kingoftherodeo said:

Choc is a legend. I too will shed a tear the day he decides to retire, but until then I wish him every success and so look forward to his next milestones of 300, 350 and hopefully 400. He is a great player and one of the nice guys. Good luck to him tonight. Love him and proud to be his number one supporter.
Never mind Manly, Anthony 'Choc' Watmough is what the game of rugby league is all about.

And I am a big fan of the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4