Choc’s $1.2m deal under threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-are-poised-to-withdraw-a-12-million-contract-extension-offer-to-anthony-watmough/story-fndv31ch-1227001998375

RE: Manly are poised to withdraw a $1.2 million contract extension offer to Anthony Watmo

That's one way to call his bluff.

RE: Manly are poised to withdraw a $1.2 million contract extension offer to Anthony Watmo

Probably a media beat up again. Choc is 31? and contracted for next year. So Manly are proposing to offer him a further two years 'til the end of 2017. He'll be 34.
Not bagging Choc or believing this latest alleged development is true but if he really wanted out after what Manly has put to him so far, it would be one of the most disappointing moves by a legendary Sea Eagle.

I interpret Choc's tweet as a shot at the press?

Come on Choc. Fan's are behind you. Move on from this saga. End your career where you belong and go down as an all time great.

Going elsewhere would be a bad, bad move.

A media beat up?

Bad news sells papers.

Manly will survive.

Choc has had his ups and downs with both the club and the law and we have all watched and been very happy that he is part of our team. So Choc, we want you to stay. Sign up and become a legend like Beaver.

It would be a sad sad day to see him lining up in another jersey AND the worst thing for his career post football.

BUT I agree , no player is bigger than the club, and if he wants to be a dickhead then " thanks for the memories ".

This club survived and prospered after players such as Bozo moved on, we will survive long after the likes of Choc, Snake and co have gone also.

However probably yet another media beat up!!

its probably just his agent arguing about the extra year, not Choc. His agent has a vested interest in negotiating the best, longest contract he can. His agent wont be thinking about Choc's age, club loyalty aspects, legacy, nothing like that. He'll only be thinking about ONE THING. : $$$$$$$$$$ !!!!!

Choc will finish NRL with Manly, i'm certain of it. Maybe ESL after.

Yes I agree, whilst not a fan of our previous media manager I think most of the current leaks are coming from the player managers.

It is from the tele....

Mark from Brisbane said:
It would be a sad sad day to see him lining up in another jersey AND the worst thing for his career post football.

BUT I agree , no player is bigger than the club, and if he wants to be a dickhead then " thanks for the memories ".

This club survived and prospered after players such as Bozo moved on, we will survive long after the likes of Choc, Snake and co have gone also.

However probably yet another media beat up!!

I just can't imagine @marga in any other colours either.

BOZO said:
Considering the salary cap pressure that we have I believe this is a very generous contract for Choc and I hope he accepts .
I am the same as you Bozo at his age it is very generous indeed. I am getting to the stage Manly should just release him now. It will save the club $$$$$$ for next year and any of the others that want to go as well and start playing our juniors put some fresh blood in there. Throw them into 1st grade like the other clubs are doing. As Watmough and Co. will probably dump the club once their contracts are finished anyway.

I love the sort of crisis where the bond between Manly players is so great that a 100 men or more could never drag them away from each other.
Not to mention this benefit, if they really are eyeing new clubs they will be all out to impress with good form, so it's win/win for us. ;)

I can understand they're trying to get the best deal for themselves & their families, but in 10 years time will they look back & think,
"Hmm, If I had my time, I might've done things differently"
Just bow out gracefully like Steve Menzies,
like Black Caviar, & just chill out & breed more Champions.

I aprecciate that footballers have a short income producing part of their life , however doing it right ( like the great Beaver) can sure show returns for a longer period.

Choc would be just plain dumb to walk away for the last two years, he would jeopardise any chance he had at a future job, at Manly and he sure as he'll ain't smart enough for TV.

If (and we don't always know), but if he is being offered $600k per year and thinks that's unders, well he really needs his head read. Choc has been a constant in the Manly golden era, but for a 32 year old to be getting that money (as a back rower) is good coin.

What mouth is having too much to say to the media in recent weeks and i don't think he is . smart enough to come out of this with the right result.

Choc play a pretty basic game up the middle of the park these days and can be easily replaced by a player on half the amount he has been offered by Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4