• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NYEagle said:
simon64 said:
As Tooves said in the presser....53% completion rate in the second half. You're not going to compete giving any team that much ball.

37 missed tackles from all reports and 33 of those after half time.

I don't think the Panfers would be happy we lost tonight. They know the boys will be fired up for Sunday.

Move on. It's done.

We'll said Simon. I like your posts you are intelligent and make sense.

Snake said:
We definitely clocked off at half time anticipating a walk in the park. It's all attitude, so I don't really get the concern. We are a great team that is just not playing to its potential at the moment, but heaven help the opposition if start to.

Manly had these dips last year. It's doesn't mean much.
It comes down to intensity and attitude. Although Watmough dropped some ball he really tried to lift the team god bless him, but the others bar a few just weren't that interested after half time.
It happens.

... me, there is some head-in-the-sand mythological garbage written. Choc is somehow beyond the guidelines of judgement we apply to others...

I've mentioned this before but I will say it again. Choc is a high intensity individual. He gets fired up and gives 200%, BUT, it's nothing to do with Manly. He happens to play with us and has over his career. He could have, and still do, the same sort of damage with any team. When he ... up and costs us dearly through his error rate (which is a costly factor in most games) then we need to be real and see it.

Tonight, Choc cost us at crucial times in the game and it ain't the first time.

Wow

I have been to both Easts games and the dogs game at Brookvale oval this year - same team that ran out last night bar DL

The second half was as others have said the worst I have seen all year last night.There was no hunger at all there.

I know people say we are gone for the year but this is the same blokes I saw give Easts a new one at home.

Next week will really tell where we are. I expected us to not win last night as parra had too much to play for. We are playing at home - our last one of the year and we need to make a statement.

This year is far from over - on our day we can win this thing this year.

Not over by a long shot but looking very unlikely at this stage. Time will tell

Do not give up on our season yet- still a few more twists and turns left before we are finished yet.

The boys need our support more than ever over the next coming weeks!!

Souths us Easts and storm - the winner will come from those 4 this year.

Mark from Brisbane said:
All about who wants it more !!

They did , we didn't .

Next week will tell, lose that. , we are gone !!

It's that simple

We are every chance of losing our last three going into the finals.

Did Jesse come out in the second half?

Kingy is gone now, either with an injury or a week on the sideline for his high shot.

Strangely I don't feel the upset as it was all self inflicted, therefore withon our hands to fix ASAP :cool:

Sandow ran out of the line at Snake all night, so his link plays were dead - yet we kept playing the same play :huh:

Agree that Foz kicking to Rad was dumb, he also missed some simple tackles in the second half, so he is feeling Horo not being there.

Tommy as an 80 minute Player is not working, lets hope that 2v has Namis to call on next week :sleepy:

COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
All about who wants it more !!

They did , we didn't .

Next week will tell, lose that. , we are gone !!

It's that simple

Well if that happens @COMMANDER we'll be "out in straight sets" which would be the worse finish since 2009, and from the position we were in our worst finish in a decade.

It all "remains to be seen"

COMMANDER said:

guess what, so are Easts or Souths, take a look at the draw keeping in mind the Rooster's record against top 8 teams this year.

We aren't going great at the moment but none of the teams are that far in front of the others this season. That's why we are still well in this. Winning in week 1 is crucial for us this season.

It would take a catastrophe for us to not finish top 4. It would mean massive thrashings for us and massive Bulldog wins. It will also need the Dogs/Soufs next week and Chooks/Soufs the following week to have the worst results for us. I can't see it. It doesn't matter what our form is for the next two weeks as it all starts again after that.

Bradza said:
COMMANDER said:

guess what, so are Easts or Souths, take a look at the draw keeping in mind the Rooster's record against top 8 teams this year.

We aren't going great at the moment but none of the teams are that far in front of the others this season. That's why we are still well in this. Winning in week 1 is crucial for us this season.

Yep, those Roosters are going ****house. Cough.

It really does come down to this next game. Beat the Panthers and we'll get our confidence back and be right back in the mix. And we're at Fortress Brookie with the same team who flew so high not too long ago, so why wouldn't we win?

COMMANDER said:
Bradza said:
COMMANDER said:

Yep, those Roosters are going ****house. Cough.

Yeah the Roosters are flying, here are their last 5 results

Beaten by Newcastle
Beat Dragons
Beat Gold Coast
Beat Wests
Beat Warriors

The 4 teams they have recently beaten to become world beaters were also recently beaten by this lowly rated Manly team that sits on top of the comp.

Get a grip people.

At 12-6 up that terrible kick straight to radrada, the tallest and hardest bloke to run down on the park, dusted us and filled their sails with wind. If we had been conservative and rolled it into the in goal for another set I reckon the game takes a new direction entirely.

But then again manly has never been conservative.

I agree with a few other posters, tommy better off the bench, bring horo back in, rush lui back and give gift every chance. Funny that horo seems a boring player, but we win most games he plays. I think he does tough stuff well that goes unnoticed.

Shoe1 said:
At 12-6 up that terrible kick straight to radrada, the tallest and hardest bloke to run down on the park, dusted us and filled their sails with wind. If we had been conservative and rolled it into the in goal for another set I reckon the game takes a new direction entirely.

I agree with a few other posters, tommy better off the bench, bring horo back in, rush lui back and give gift every chance. Funny that horo seems a boring player, but we win most games he plays. I think he does tough stuff well that goes unnoticed.

Agreed and especially the highlighted bit.

30-20s shouldn't count as 40-20s :p

Surely we can get a lawyer to argue the case.

By the same token how about a 50-10? Why not a 50-10 I ask ya

Shoe1 said:

I think going for the two points inside their 10m is conservative, we had them all over the park in the first half, we should have gone straight for the jugular, 16-0 could have been demoralising for them.

Shoe1 said:
Funny that horo seems a boring player, but we win most games he plays. I think he does tough stuff well that goes unnoticed.

I hate to break it to you, but we lose 57% of games when Horo plays, and 100% when he is missing. Personally, I think it's just a coincidence, but its a bit of a laugh anyway.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/nrl-least-valuable-players/

Is there something wrong with coming first with 2 weeks left in the comp.
Fair dinkum,spose it,s hard to please everyone though.

Go manly

Go manly said:

Go manly

You miss the point completely (Perhaps intentionally).

It makes not one zot of difference where we are on the table. We are playing like sh1t and if we continue playing like we have for the past month we will go out in straight sets, just like St Choke did in 2009 when they finished Minor Premiers.

Why is this concept so difficult for all those making statements like the one above?

Ralphie said:
Go manly said:

Go manly

You miss the point completely (Perhaps intentionally).

It makes not one zot of difference where we are on the table. We are playing like sh1t and if we continue playing like we have for the past month we will go out in straight sets, just like St Choke did in 2009 when they finished Minor Premiers.

Why is this concept so difficult for all those making statements like the one above?

Sorry Ralphie,I am not real bright- but the position does matter and we are first and I am happy with that.

I think it is it better that we have played bad and running first than running 8th-12th and playing good for the moment.

The point of playing shyte,having no big forwards,backs to old with no speed and player disharmony has been spoken about for months now and guess what-we are still on top despite the gloom.

All teams have tried to copy us and are now replicating much of what we have succeeded in executing on the park.( and have been for a couple of years)

It is a tough comp and I agree- If we don't play well,we will lose-and some times lose by a lot.But so will every team.

our boys are tired-but will have something up thier sleeves when needed.

We have not tried anything new for some time-and lets see what a 9 day break does-
I think that we can give it a real shake

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4