Chez

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Surprised people are saying chez was good tonight. I would say this was one of his worst games all season.

He didn't have any room move which limited his options and really made him panic.

They played chez out of the game.

Besides being played out of the game his passing game was horrible tonight. He was throwing it too high and not going near the chest.

I'm fine with it is rather lose to Souths now than in a couple of weeks.

But it showed where we need to do work, every big tram will rush in on dce now which opens up great opportunities for ferris and Lyon to sniff around.
I'd be looking at a play that has Foz wandering around lost on the right to get the ball and get in behind the right edge defense

Sid was being crowded on the RHS all night. :s

The Falcon hit Horo who should have been on the LHS of the field. Sid was not expecting a forward to be between he and the winger.

I understand that Tommy had to fill in for Matai on the LHS, but Horo's lines when he is over on the right are hopeless.

In the second half we had Sid, Foz and Killer shoulder to shoulder - none of them had room to move. What was that game plan about :huh:

The only decent break we made was on the LHS, and we never went back there again :huh:

Sids 40/20 was amazing - then deliberately kyboshed by the Souths ballboy - investigation is overdue :mad:

I thought that Foz was quiet, probably that flu caught up with him.
In the warm up, poor Matai looked feverish and was constantly wiping his nose. :angel:

At least Manly now have 10 days to lick their wounds and regroup :)

I agree with you both.

Not a good night for Chez, but losing Skivi and the plan to go right really didn't pan out.

And their mob were up for it more than us, let's be honest.

I think Chez, once in a long while, gets the "panics" and overplays things (or tries too hard to save the day) but I can forgive that.

It comes off far more often these days; and that audacious 40/20 on the last tackle mind you, was special.

Cheeky ball boy yes, but I'd hope ours would do it at Brookie too!

As I've said, a try to make it 12-10 and we'd have become confident (they'd have got nervous) and quite likely Chez would've pulled off a party-trick or two.

We'll be right!

Yeah some had him in their 3-2-1 amazes me, but we all see it different.

Not going to knock a bloke that was trying--- yes trying too hard to create something when we were lacking in so many other areas.

Manly have become a defence that contains and is not aggressive and go forward that lacks punch without a speedy play the ball.

Not enough straight hard running with too much skip side step shuffle go forward, and the defence is not forcing errors or slow play the balls with dominant tackles like the past.

Dessie i felt had a squad that was over-sized in the wrong type of body structures and overly aggressive but now i fear we have gone too much the other way.

Nearly every loss this year has been due to the forwards where in the past our attack did not take advantage of our dominant forward physicality.

Tooves will continue to use the "slow play the balls" line after every loss but sometimes you have to earn the right to a quick play the ball and not just allow the interpretation of the rules to be applied in your favour or even applied correctly.

Technical Coach said:
Tooves will continue to use the "slow play the balls" line after every loss but sometimes you have to earn the right to a quick play the ball and not just allow the interpretation of the rules to be applied in your favour or even applied correctly.

Sorry but that is a crock. It may be true but take that rubbish logic and officiating out of the game and Manly win every game they play as they have a team of rugby league footballers under a coach that lets them play footy, not a team coached to be WWE wrestlers mixed with sooks, grubs and milkers.

Rugby League has always been a game based around "rule interpretations" the more you make it obvious you deserve a quick play the ball the more you will win.

Manly have wrestled as well as anyone in the past the difference being we did not just rely on it to generate slow play the balls, we actually dominated in tackles and deserved more latitude.

You want touch football go back to watching Super League.

Defintely not his best passing game by any stretch, passes were too flat. I thought his running game wasn't too bad last night though. Foz was very quiet last night which didn't help matters either.

His game was stifled because, from what I could see, the 10 metres was only 7 metres. While ever that's allowed we will struggle against the likes of the Souffs and the Dogs.

I am sure Foz was crook as last night, wasn't even sure he played tbh.

So that left DCE to do everything and 1 playmaker is easy to shutdown. Add to that all the unforced errors and we were on a hiding to nothing

I thought we had gone back to the 70's as i'm sure it was a 5 meter rule last night but then again it was only one side that was allowed it. Bit hard for a half or any attack to fire when the defense is allowed that lattitude.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4