Cheyse Blair on the Senior Group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/senior-group-credited-with-helping-manly-sea-eagles-rise-above-turmoil-20140728-zxqvw.html

Now why wouldn't you want to remain a part of that special culture? Maybe the Tigers dramas and Blair's Parra comments here might make them twig that the grass is rarely greener.

Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got til it's gone?
Take paradise ...

I know he doesn't get a lot of game time yet, but I hope we can hold onto him.

I've liked his footy so far.

Blair has the same body shape as that of all our new recruits - tall and supple. He looked as tall as the Dragon Tommy :)

2v's alter egos :p

He just needs more game time to settle in.
But he has the jump on Jorge, both literally and figuratively IMO.

Don't know if he has a preference for LHS or RHS wing.

Apart from forcing a pass in the second half, he had a flawless game against the Warriors. :angel:

I thought Blair was great on Sunday a very timely return from injury given Wolf's absence

Love this from Starling and have to say credit to the senior boys for getting on with the job and not involving the kids in their personal issues.

"Not too bad for a team struggling with each other," Starling half joked. "The way the [senior players] hold themselves, I don't even know anything that's going on. They never show it.

"No one talks about it. They deal with whatever they need to address. They've been through it all before so they know what they are doing."

I don't think he's had a bad game in F grade. He's not particularly flashy or quick but he does his job.

Stevo said:
I don't think he's had a bad game in F grade. He's not particularly flashy or quick but he does his job.

f grade, that takes me back, I played f grade for Belrose in the days when age teams were described with letters. f grade was under 15s from memory

Budgewoi Eagle said:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/senior-group-credited-with-helping-manly-sea-eagles-rise-above-turmoil-20140728-zxqvw.html

Now why wouldn't you want to remain a part of that special culture? Maybe the Tigers dramas and Blair's Parra comments here might make them twig that the grass is rarely greener.

Take paradise ...

Let's not bring up parking lots. The ASADA thing is on-going. :D

I'm liking what Cheyse does (and says) too.

I see he's named for this week ahead of Horhay at this stage again, too.

It will be very interesting to see how all this pans out for the finals...Guys like Horhay and Horo (and Gift) to somehow slot back in, or not.

While I'm confident Tooves will get the final-mix right, this competition for spots can only be a good thing too!

I'd like to see Taufua play with lots of energy when he comes back. If he wants to play like a cat again then i'm more than happy for Blair to play there. Taufua did not impress me at all when he came back.

Horhay has never fully recovered from his injury in the 9's. The brace he wears is limiting his movement and it's affecting his form. We might have to wait for 2015 to see him 100% again.

Meanwhile Cheyse is doing a great job. I remember there were a few eyebrows raised when he first signed. He's now showing why he was added. He's hardly put a foot wrong.

I thought one of the highlights of the Dragons game was Taufua's defence. He also trampled over Jason Nightingale, which not too many players can do. I think George will be back when fit.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

Take paradise ...

Looking at the photo in that article, it looks like DCE has stolen Brent Tate's chin. :s

Stevo said:
I'd like to see Taufua play with lots of energy when he comes back. If he wants to play like a cat again then i'm more than happy for Blair to play there. Taufua did not impress me at all when he came back.
I was at the game against the dragons when Taufua came back from injury and he scored a bulldozing try in the corner that would have made your cats hair stand up Stevo
Here are some stats for you son :)
Nightingale 14 runs 119 metres L/brk 1
Taufua ------09runs 77 metres L/brk 1
Morris--------07runs 60 metres L/brk 0
Hiku ---------09runs 37metres L/brk 0

Yeah. Great try. No problem with that at all.

If he could run like that coming out of trouble id be happier. It doesn't count when you only get aggressive in front of your opponents try line.

Jethro said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:

Take paradise ...

Looking at the photo in that article, it looks like DCE has stolen Brent Tate's chin. :s
I suspect it's an effort to hide the neck.
Don't be shy DCE, we love the neck!

Stevo said:
Yeah. Great try. No problem with that at all.

If he could run like that coming out of trouble id be happier. It doesn't count when you only get aggressive in front of your opponents try line.

Have to agree here; sorry @BOZO

Whether it's injury or otherwise, Horhay just hasn't recaptured his fierce mojo so far this year.

I'm a huge fan when he's on his game; but better a fit and hungry Blair there, than a struggling Taufua.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4