Cherry FRAUD evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
More dropped balls than a puberty convention. That is what happened. I never felt we wouldn't come back and win, but I was wrong and we stuffed up all over the park. To blame DCE is poor. Wasn't great but was one of our best. Not that says much. The forwards lacked the intensity, losing Matty really hurt, playing Jake was coming back too early, and we rarely played direct to give the backs room. I am gutted but it was a good ride while it lasted.

More dropped balls than a puberty convention. That is what happened. I never felt we wouldn't come back and win, but I was wrong and we stuffed up all over the park. To blame DCE is poor. Wasn't great but was one of our best. Not that says much. The forwards lacked the intensity, losing Matty really hurt, playing Jake was coming back too early, and we rarely played direct to give the backs room. I am gutted but it was a good ride while it lasted.
I agree with you 100% mate. I still can't handle the fact we lost to Parra. But to blame DCE is not fair. No matter how bad he plays, I still love him for what he did! And I still hate Foran with a passion.

Hard to win a game when we drop so much ball. DCE didn't have a blinder, but in his defence the service out of dummy half when Matty went off was woreful. So many rainbow passes from Leary just put pressure on all the ball receivers. Things got rushed far too often, we didn't play smart wet weather football. Kicking game was pretty ordinary as well. Did I mention we dropped the ball.....A LOT !!!!!

And for the record of seen JT play some shockers, he's hardly the model of consistency.

Frustrating day

BA seems to have the wood on us. He's got 3/4 now and we only fluked the first round win at Brookie against the eels last year with a try from a bomb in the last minute

Last edited:
We have let Mateo back in the fold.....have been saying all year he is a liability under pressure.
Some of you guys saw a totally different game to me.

For the record Mateo had the most hit ups (16), the most metres gained (130), and the third highest tackles (33) of all the Manly players on the field today.

Yet some still reckon he was lazy today? And a liability? What does that make all the other players?

I totally agree mate, that's been the whole teams problem. We try to turn everything into magic gold and it just ain't happening as the other teams are reading us too easy instead of us settling down and hanging on to the ball and creating magic when the times right. This is something that needs to be coached into the side.We seem to go into every game playing the same style of footy without structure.
I totally agree you would think that with all the experienced grand final winners in our team that they could you know change tactics on the field and play to the conditions

How many games does Ballin miss 1 or 2 a decade. He is just a player you dont expect to get injured and when it happens especially with Ferris also out your stuffed.

Some of you guys saw a totally different game to me.

For the record Mateo had the most hit ups (16), the most metres gained (130), and the third highest tackles (33) of all the Manly players on the field today.

Yet some still reckon he was lazy today? And a liability? What does that make all the other players?

Agree. Not brilliant every game but there is an element of something could happen with him and it often does. If we lost a half I have seen enough to say he can do a cover job which is more than most players. One of the 14 I am happy to welcome back.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
It's a game of footy. We lost.
That is all.
The past four weeks have been awesome. It ended today and I'm very disappointed with the team's performance. I do believe the conditions significantly contributed to the outcome though.
As for Cherry, it's a 17 man game. Last week he pulled out the magic trick to win us the game. Just because he couldn't do it today doesn't mean he's a fraud.
Snake and Jamie didn't set the stadium on fire either.
Onwards we go and Go Manly!

I am still up, and thankful, for the finish to the season we've had. Unless other teams fell over it was always going to be a huge/impossible ask to make the semis. We were always going to be a long shot. Can pray now for StG to fall in a heap, but the odds are astronomical given who they've got to play.

This has been the season from hell, especially injury-wise, so to show the guts to get back into the contest after being knocked out was an honour to witness.

I totally agree mate, that's been the whole teams problem. We try to turn everything into magic gold and it just ain't happening as the other teams are reading us too easy instead of us settling down and hanging on to the ball and creating magic when the times right. This is something that needs to be coached into the side.We seem to go into every game playing the same style of footy without structure.

yep, our first try was the result of building up two or three sets and not panicking. After that it was a bit of a rabble. The poor kicks were where it went straight, low and on the full to their fullback - no pressure. Couldn't understand why a few bombs weren't used in those conditions.

DCE didnt do well today, he tried but didnt get us the repeat sets we needed, I would have liked to have seen him take on the line a bit today

BA seems to have the wood on us. He's got 3/4 now and we only fluked the first round win at Brookie against the eels last year with a try from a bomb in the last minute

Yep he knows our current coaches plans back to front, that will change in 2016.

I hate the sqeels, dont like to admit it but they rattle us some how...they are a crap side a serious basket case of a team both on and off the field. BA is in denial he has no idea or takes us the fans of league for fools, if he seriously thinks these losers are ever going to be a premiership winning side he is delusional......shattered just shattered and imo no DCE is not to blame the team is, guess there is always next year. Is this a nightmare the squeels beat us really it feels like a nightmare....unfckn believable.

I'm sorry, but highest paid players get the hardest assessments. Thurston's worst game is pretty close to his best, that's the difference. DCE is becoming very rocks and diamonds, and for a player over 1.2 mill per season or whatever, that just cannot be the case.

Maybe that's why Thurston told the QLD selectors to drop him for his mate?
Thurston was just as bad as what DCE was today, against the Sharks about a month ago.

DCE needs to compose himself when going gets tuff. He has shown that composure at times, but not enough.

Today, instead of keeping a cool-head like Thurston or Cronk would, he just kept getting more frustrated - and his execution showed that.

He's a player with a large skill set, and I believe he will display that 'composed' aspect more often than not in the near future.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6