Cherry Evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader
Hopefully we'll see him and Foz as our halves for years to come. Foran is at Manly until the end of 2014

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/rookie-of-the-year-contender-daly-cherry-evans-could-be-rewarded-by-the-manly-sea-eagles-with-a-long-term-contract/story-e6frexnr-1226095919384

It is great to see some fans over at the Kennel turning on Hodko.

Thank you Bulldogs for taking him off our hands for $250,000, hahaha.

thought DCE was well deserved of MOM today, easily our best in the first half and we shut it down after only getting to 3rd gear and a lead of 22.

Through my drunken haze i seen cherry being declared the best half back in the comp in 2012.

Yea, I really like Dale playing confidently and with his own flair up & down the paddock.

With our other boys performing solidly around him, you can see it's helping and the team as a whole gelling.

I loved his short kick-off in the last few minutes today too - he comes up with some unexpected and weird plays every now and then, and you know, I love it.
Killer, Matty, Snake & Foz are so on the ball that there's a good chance they'll be on top of such wild attempts with a good chance to turn them into our favour.

I hope they can extend his deal, he's going great for us but the most pleasing thing about that article was that they wrote "Foran is under contract until the end of 2014." Not sure if that is accurate but I hope it is.

It's been a while since Manly had a half with a kicking game as good as his. It's equal to any in the NRL IMO.

Daddycool said:
I hope they can extend his deal, he's going great for us but the most pleasing thing about that article was that they wrote "Foran is under contract until the end of 2014." Not sure if that is accurate but I hope it is.

Can't remember where I heard it, but I think he is signed to the end of 2012 with a further two year option in his favor (whatever that means).

And when interviewed on 2GB tonight he said he's still got heaps to learn and wants to improve his defence, kicking game and attack.

The attribute I most admire about DCE is his confidence and he's only in his first year of 1st grade. Nothing and no-one seems to phase him, no matter who he's playing.

Onya Cherry - you deserved the Ch9 MOM today!

He gets targeted in defence, as most halves do I suppose, but what I like is his willingness in defence. He isn't the best defensive half going around, and he pobably doesn't have the best technique, but he puts his body on the line and doesn't hide. You rarely see him jumper grab or get turnstiled. If he can work on his defence then he can certainly round out his game nicely.

Ceagle said:
It is great to see some fans over at the Kennel turning on Hodko.

Thank you Bulldogs for taking him off our hands for $250,000, hahaha.
like I keep saying,we got the better deal with DCE,he is more active than the other bloke,cant remember his name,more involved as well

mr seagles said:
ALinda said:
The Eagle said:
Who got MoM?
As I said above, Cherry got the Ch9 MOM. 2GB gave theirs to Gifty.

you can forget foran about dally m player because gifty has gone past him in the last two games,foran seems to go missing lately.....
your kidding arent you,he saved our butts last week,and thats the ood thing about this side,someone else always steps up the next week,he cant keep putting his body on the line the way he does all the time,we need him fresh for the semis

mr seagles said:
ALinda said:
The Eagle said:
Who got MoM?
As I said above, Cherry got the Ch9 MOM. 2GB gave theirs to Gifty.

you can forget foran about dally m player because gifty has gone past him in the last two games,foran seems to go missing lately.....

WTF dude ??? Foran is leading the dally M`s for one.. & secondly mate if he goes missing lately why have their been 3 articles written about him in the last couple of weeks suggesting his is the next best 5/8 in our game & them articles arent by hacks Gould , Sterlo & Wally have all praised his play..
& thirdly just go back to round 3 or 4 game against roosters this year & see where it all began , that game was ours to lose till he stepped in with his defence , plus his determination in attack..

Outstanding - always been a massive Foran fan but its not beyond the realms of possibility that Daly could be just as good or maybe even better in some ways.

I only go back to the late 70's but I cant recall us ever having a combo in the halves anywhere near these 2 already.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8