Cherry-Evans ready to grab a half chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Cherry-Evans ready to grab a half chance

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/cherry-evans-ready-to-grab-a-half-chance/

ROOKIE Sea Eagles half Daly Cherry-Evans is emerging as the man most likely to replace Belmore-bound Trent Hodkinson next year.

Hodkinson will exit Manly at the end of the 2010 NRL season after securing a three-year deal with the Bulldogs this week.

The City half’s departure could help New Zealand Test centre Steve Matai remain at Brookvale.

The untried Cherry-Evans has also agreed to remain at the Sea Eagles until the end of the 2013 season.

The deal almost certainly ends any speculation Manly will attempt to sign another off-contract NRL half.

“He has agreed,” Manly CEO Graham Lowe confirmed of Cherry-Evans on Wednesday.

Is Cherry-Evans the answer? Or would you like to see Manly chase a halfback from outside the club? Let us know below.

Matai is another after a contract, preferably at the Sea Eagles.

The fiery centre will return to Brookvale Oval for the Sea Eagles against the Rabbitohs on Saturday after serving a three-match suspension.

Matai’s manager, Gavin Orr, said Hodkinson’s departure will help his client remain at Manly.

“It helps now that they have made him a priority since the halfback has left,” Orr said before meeting with Sea Eagles’ officials on Wednesday afternoon.

“They have floated an offer.”

Lowe said a possible salary-cap increase will help the club retain Matai.

“The cap will play a big part in it,” he said.

Now this all sounds promising.  I'd hate to see Matai leave.  There Kiwi, how's that sound.

Let's hope DCE will end up a better halfback than TH.

I'd also like to see Mattai re-signed.

We desperatly have to keep matai.

I dont think many of us realise just how much work he gets through and how he leads by example.

Rushing defense and high shots asside hes one bloke i really dont want to see leaving the club. He provides the mongrel.

well if thats  what they have their mind set on ,why is he still langushing in queensland cup..while we giving trent nrl experience to take to the dogs next year??? blood dce NOW so he has some games NRL games under his belt before next year..

Like I say Flip....the Orr's loathe Lowe....so it's not as simple as that...remember how much player managers have a say in a players future.

jjai link said:
well if thats  what they have their mind set on ,why is he still langushing in queensland cup..while we giving trent nrl experience to take to the dogs next year??? blood dce NOW so he has some games NRL games under his belt before next year..

An applaud for you mate

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183605.msg266932#msg266932 date=1276731457]
The Orr's loath Lowe.

and plenty of people loathe the Orrs who have not covered themseves in glory over the years.......
[/quote]

So what. They are key player managers. Regardless of their personalities and / or reputation, our club needs to wine and dine all of them at all costs for OBVIOUS reasons.

Surely you understand that, right?

I'll tell you this. Lowe isn't doing that. Ask Quantum. Ask SCSE. Ask the player managers.

I wonder why we have been losing players since he has come on board that we would have liked to keep in JWH, Hodko, Perry & Matai?

With the disappointment of loosing Hodko this could be good news with Matai.  But many recent contract talks have been taking so long so I won't be holding my breath as this could take some time to sort out.  But it is worrying if Lowe's talking about the supposed cap increase as the way to retain him.

To me DCE doesn't quite look ready but I'd still give him a crack in the 7 next season and see how he goes.

Flip link said:
We desperatly have to keep matai.

I dont think many of us realise just how much work he gets through and how he leads by example.

Rushing defense and high shots asside hes one bloke i really dont want to see leaving the club. He provides the mongrel.

I 180% agree!! We  NEEEEED Matai to stay! ...So this is all positive news!  :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4