Cherry-Evans gets NRL press award

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has added another trophy to his cabinet after being voted Player of the NRL finals series by the Rugby League Writers Association.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8764962

I think the award givers must have mixed up their hyphenators; Surely SBW was who they really thought should win. It's in the script. He wins everything, including the World Cup, leads NZ to victory in the cricket series against the West Indies, out wrestles James Packer to win the heart of Miranda Kerr.
SBW: The greatest movie yet to be made.

Roosters fans are boarding planes to Manchester so they can go and boo him... good sports they are!!

Well done to Daly!

I remember in 2011, sitting in the dugout (better half bought me those dugout seat thingies).... looking over and seeing DCE sitting next to me.

I thought..."I wonder who this kid is? Did he buy a ticket as well?"

:blush:

globaleagle said:
Well done to Daly!

I remember in 2011, sitting in the dugout (better half bought me those dugout seat thingies).... looking over and seeing DCE sitting next to me.

I thought..."I wonder who this kid is? Did he buy a ticket as well?"

:blush:

He could have been one of the charity kiddies that Wolfie' Howlers sponsor :p

Obviously, DCE assimilated your Manly knowledge well :angel:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-edges-out-dally-m-winner-cooper-cronk-in-big-leagues-team-of-the-year/story-fni3g0bn-1226785901681

Daly Cherry-Evans edges out Dally M winner Cooper Cronk in Big League's Team of the Year :angel:
FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 18, 2013 1:23PM

MANLY star Daly Cherry-Evans has edged out Dally M winner Cooper Cronk to claim the halfback's spot in Big League's Team of the Year.

Cherry-Evans' irresistible form for the Sea Eagles earned him a World Cup berth where his form was so good Australian coach preferred him ahead of Robbie Farah on the bench for the big games including the final.

Both he and Cooper will be integral to Mal Meninga's Queensland team as they aim to win their ninth successive series.

Despite submitting strong claims for inclusion, grand final five-eighths James Maloney and Kieran Foran miss out to Cowboy Johnathan Thurston.

Thurston played a massive role in the resurgence of North Queensland late in the season and was again pivotal as the Maroons dominated the interstate stage for an eighth straight year.

New Zealanders Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Sonny Bill Williams and Englishman Sam Burgess also feature in the team.

Boom Sharks forward Andrew Fifita proved to be the ideal impact player tearing through tiring opposition packs and has been named along with Waerea-Hargreaves in the front row ahead of Test stars Matt Scott and James Tamou.

Which Team of the Year members were crowned the Top 5 Players of the Year?

Grab a copy of the 2013 Rugby League Annual on December 19 to find out.

2013 TEAM

Fullback: 1. Greg Inglis (South Sydney)

Wingers: 2. Jorge Taufua (Manly Warringah) :angel:

5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Sydney Roosters)

Centres: 3. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)

4. Jamie Lyon (Manly Warringah) :angel:

Five-eighth: 6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland)

Halfback: 7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah) :angel:

Front-rowers:
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters)

10. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla)

Hooker: 9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)

Second-rowers: 11. Sonny Bill Williams (Sydney Roosters) :mad:

12. Anthony Watmough (Manly Warringah) :angel:

Lock: 13. Sam Burgess (South Sydney) :mad:

MadMarcus said:
No angry face next to Cam Smith HM.... Disappointing...

He is a great hooker - the emoticons reflected my disdain at their favouritism :mad: and not judgement of their abilities.

SBW is not the best second rower - Bird/Parker would have gotten my vote.

SamB is not a lock usually, so why does he get to be in this Team as such :huh: - Bird/Parker would have gotten my vote

Having 4 Manly Players in the best 13 for 2013 is a credit to them and the Coaching/Conditioning Staff at Manly :angel:

DCE has all the markings to be the poster boy of the NRL.

Which kind of concerns me as the NRL poster boys tend not to have a great year if history repeats itself.:s

Eagles2nv said:
DCE has all the markings to be the poster boy of the NRL.

Which kind of concerns me as the NRL poster boys tend not to have a great year if history repeats itself.:s

DCE is a level headed young man, so I have no worries off him going off the rails :angel:

However, I reckon each award adds another zero to the end of his player contract amount:cool:

Santa had better be good to the Manly Third Party Sponsors this year:exclamation:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4