Cherry-Evans and Foran receive ''best offer'' from Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone substantiate the rumor that Aiden Sezer has signed with Manly? Apparently a done deal with an announcement to be made soon?

It is just hilarious that one of the reasons that there has been no resolutions is that both managers are on holidays! That may be the case but the cynic in me says that they are allowing the auction to last longer before they make a physical appearance. So while "on holidays" they are not in contact with other Clubs? Give me a break!

I probably should not mention this .. likely to be banned from this site .. but I'm brave ..here goes. I bought my 2 year old grandson a sharks jump. I figured that since he is in the 90% range for weight and 20% for height he has more chance of making the Sharks team then the Seaeagles.

Can anyone substantiate the rumor that Aiden Sezer has signed with Manly? Apparently a done deal with an announcement to be made soon?

If this was true you would assume that Foran has indicated he is leaving. No surprise and not the end of the world providing DCE stays. Whilst it would suck to lose Foran I would be concerned having so much money tied up in our halves if both stayed. Seizer would be half the price of Foran.

I probably should not mention this .. likely to be banned from this site .. but I'm brave ..here goes. I bought my 2 year old grandson a sharks jump. I figured that since he is in the 90% range for weight and 20% for height he has more chance of making the Sharks team then the Seaeagles.
Obviously you don't like your 2yo grandson and want him to get teased.
And you are right. Ban Hammer please @Jethro

If this was true you would assume that Foran has indicated he is leaving. No surprise and not the end of the world providing DCE stays. Whilst it would suck to lose Foran I would be concerned having so much money tied up in our halves if both stayed. Seizer would be half the price of Foran.
Exactly right, if foran goes this would be the best out come..... I really hope we don't throw the cheque book at these two... but i don't think foran or DCE are going any where.

Well, they have the best offer available. Good.

But now I want a time limit on the offer. For example you guys have until the first round to make a decision. If you don't we'll assume you are going elsewhere and we'll be in the market for some other halfbacks and five-eights.

So - time gentlemen please.

You are spot on Daddycool. This has to be done before round 1. The club has come first with or without them. I would expect Joe Kelly has let them know that.

I still think Foz goes to the rorters which is why they haven't already resigned Maloney...

Both of them to stay is unlikely. ( money thrown around by other clubs & politics at the club )

even though Watmough gone ( blessing in disguise ) things are still not rosy.

Mail,source & inside info isnt always 100%. Best indication with players & ending contracts will be performance on the field , thats what im waiting for to see.

I highly doubt either will re-sign before round 1 with the club.
ill just be happy if we can hold onto one of them. even that may be a ask.

Well won't that just be dandy, heading in to the start of the year still under a cloud, media hammering us daily.

And can you imagine if we lose the first 2 games, I can almost see the headlines now (yes don't even have to type them you just have to imagine it yourself).

And the more headlines, the worse it will become, and the harder it will be to get a win.

FMD I am sick of this crap!!

AMID REPORTS OF BIG MONEY, MOST FORMER GREATS CAN’T CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO KEEP
AS THE weeks drag on, Manly’s chances of retaining their scintillating halves beyond 2015 look grim.

In a dream scenario for those who love the Sea Eagles, Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans will play out their careers at Brookvale Oval.

The reality is that one of them is likely to move on come October.

So,with that in mind, this week the Manly Daily spoke to a number of former greats to ask if,they had to choose one player over the other, who they would side with.

Such is their worth, only 2008 premiership-winning halfback Matt Orford was bold enough to go with the boy from Redcliffe.

“Daly is the organiser — he drives the team on the park,’’ Orford said. “I would make DCE a priority signing, you can build a club around him.”

The likes of Manly godfather Ken Arthurson, Cliff Lyons and John Gibbs all had the same response – the duo can’t be split.

Arthurson went a step further, declaring they could end up the best halves combination the game has seen.

“They complement one another so well, so I think their dynamic nature on the field will be diminished if one goes elsewhere,’’ he said.

“Money isn’t everything, you also have to consider factors such as family, lifestyle and whether it is the right move long term.

“Both of them would be foolish to contemplate playing elsewhere.”

When mulling over who also could offer an expert opinion on the matter, coach Geoff Toovey could not comment for obvious reasons and the same applied to Des Hasler, given he coaches the Bulldogs.

Collaroy-based Greg Alexander is a massive fan of both players. The Fox Sports commentator and Penrith legend feels the pair justify the massive money reportedly on offer.

“I have read what the (Gold Coast) Titans are tabling for Daly, it would be hard to say no ,’’ he said.

“I love watching both of them play — you have Daly’s creativity and Kieran’s toughness.

“The Manly board will do well to keep both on their books – if they do so, it will be remarkable.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4