• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Coaches salalries are not included in the salary cap so paying Tim Sheens will have no affect on his much they pay MCK
I think they are paying Blair still at the Broncos ?? They have problems with their salary cap and management

Good luck to him, seems a good bloke. It's hard to crack 1st grade so I wish him every success.

Well done Penns. Chee-Kam apparently wanted to stay and he looked very promising in his first major hit up in first grade. But off he goes to the Tigers. Clever recruitment yet again. Are these guys really wanting to assist manly back to the top or are they working for another club. I get the feeling its the latter.
Really? Kid has been here for a few years and shown nothing, injuries or not. One good game and we decide the chq book should be opened,

Chee Kam at least will likely push for a first grade spot at the Tigers. He's no chance of that here. Two starts in three years in top grade - he's smart to go where there is an opportunity to play.

We are most likely not done with our recruitment. Plus do you want him blocking Liam Knight or Addison Demetriou?

He arrived injured after playing for Canberra U20s GF and missed a chunk of that season. Came back and reinjured long-term at the Auckland 7s. Hasn't had much opportunity to settle into the squad so indicating a couple of games over this time, doesn't tell the whole story.

Poor bugger was a bit injury plagued. I liked the kid. Sad to see him go and hope he kills it at the Tiges (just not against us).

He was on notice from the start of the year so it was obviously too little too late for him. Good luck at the Tiges though...

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...-rip-in-at-nines/story-fngr8iii-1227194908141

Exactly.
He talked the talk in that article but hasn't walked the walk.

He has played two 1st Grade games in three years and both times late in the season when the guys in front of him are injured.

In this, our year from hell he still couldn't crack it - is it attitude, not up to it or he didn't know how to take goat photo's.

He may turn out to be one that got away but chances are he won't, not all the NYC guns transition to NRL stars.
We've got more value from Hasson in that time and that's saying something!
At least he's used to playing in the same side as Littlejohn so he's got that to look forward to.

Difficult to know how a player will go in first grade when the coach doesn't pick him.

Does anyone expect a NSW cup player to excel under Willo?

Fair call but you would have thought if he had the potential ala Jake he would have had a run sooner

Hard to play more games over the past few years when he had season ending injuries. Has finally gotten over them recently and he stated it took a toll on his confidence, think he just needed a chance to show what he's got - Toovey would rather pick Hasson for gods sake. I think MCK does offer than X factor. Can throw some amzing off loads, and I think now that he has gotten over his injuries you will see the best of him. Manlys recruitment is bizzare. Signing a donkey like Lussick and rumours going after another donkey in T Rex

Hard to play more games over the past few years when he had season ending injuries. Has finally gotten over them recently and he stated it took a toll on his confidence, think he just needed a chance to show what he's got - Toovey would rather pick Hasson for gods sake. I think MCK does offer than X factor. Can throw some amzing off loads, and I think now that he has gotten over his injuries you will see the best of him. Manlys recruitment is bizzare. Signing a donkey like Lussick and rumours going after another donkey in T Rex
Mck showed more in 60 minutes than a liz hayes expose on z red. Symonds is ****e. This is a very poor outcome for our side.

Does anyone know roughly what salary Michael came to the club on? I can see the club's hesitation to re-sign a young player who has struggled with constant injuries and an ability to reach anywhere near his potential if he was on a decent salary, given their cut-throat nature of late.
I think it was 200-250 a year

Thanks mate, if that is the case then obviously there is no way they could continue to pay him that given his time on the field the last few years, unless he wanted to take a heavily reduced contract.
They're the numbers bandied about when he signed. As mentioned here, he came with big wraps and was an expensive outlay for his age.

I would have preferred to keep MCK rather than sign Lewis Brown.

Pretty much. We have some "Lewis Brown" style players.
If MCK can stay injury free, he seems like he would offer more than Brown.

Just our luck he'll have a breakout year at the Tigpies.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2