Cheating Squeels!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Heard this morning on Ray Hadley,that if the parra board resign then they'll only get 4 to 6 points deduction,what the ****,so that means if they do,this cheating scum of a club,basically gets away with it,its behond the joke,if that so then I'm hoping there board sticks solid,doesn't give in and they get what's deserved 28 points deduction.eagles 4 everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Roy Masters wrote an article that best summed up the feeling towards the Eels when he wrote about the proposed 10 point deduction and compared it to the storm. The Storm won premierships cheating, the useless squeels just won wooden spoons.

Hard to really punish an inept club for cheating and still being inept. It destroys the fan base and kills the TV ratings as the great unwashed of the western suburbs switch over to watch Geordie Shore instead.

That's the conundrum facing the NRL now that the little cheating ****s actually have a decent team. If they destroy the squeels 2016 campaign, what does the NRL do to make up the lost ratings $$$$ ? How do the great unwashed fans down their next Tooheys Old and bourbon coke in the stands at Pirtek knowing its pointless.....again.

A lot at risk for the NRL punishing the most unsuccessful club (with the largest fan base) in the last 30 years for something that ultimately failed for 5 years. The Storm at least won premierships by cheating and were low relatively low raters and low profile in NSW and QLD.

I couldn't care less about the Squeels or their "fans", but to kill off their 2016 is a big risk for the NRL. Then again....you are supposed to reap what you sow, and the slime deserve to be punished.

Interesting to see what happens in the next few days/weeks.

Either way, GO MANLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

^ they're parra fans. If they're too dumb to realise how useless their club is, they're dumb enough to keep supporting the team.

In fact, a total points deduction may help the nrl $$$$$ as all the fans will be determined to do the whole "we'll show the nrl we still support our team."

So in fact the best thing the nrl can do for cash and ratings....is deduct the whole season of points for at least this year!

true dat!

Heard this morning on Ray Hadley,that if the parra board resign then they'll only get 4 to 6 points deduction,
The punishment should be based on whatever cheating occurred. How does the board resigning punish the club? At least half the members always hate the Parra board anyway

Hard to really punish an inept club for cheating and still being inept. It destroys the fan base and kills the TV ratings
The salary cap is not part of a marketing exercise, it goes to the integrity of the competition. Maybe this will make Parra fans elect more honest boards.

Their cap issues don't even come close to what the storm did. You are comparing being 30% over the cap to a board who self reported about tpa and 2nd tier issues.

Melbourne did not self report they were caught. Players signed multiple contracts so on and so forth.

The issue at the eels is governance. And poor one at that. They are under the cap this year. And were also last year. These issues date back to 2013 and 2014.

The NRL has approved all tpas and pwc have conducted the audit. Do you really think that a big 4 firm will trully risk their reputation on some piss ant leagues club? Don't believe everything in the papers.

I would have thought the last 24 months would have made that clear to our fans.

Their cap issues don't even come close to what the storm did. You are comparing being 30% over the cap to a board who self reported about tpa and 2nd tier issues.
How do you know what the Eels did? The investigation is still in in progress.

Don't believe everything in the papers.

I dunno. Up to about early 2014 rumours about Manly rarely turned out to be correct.

Over the last few years though they have been pretty spot on. It helped when they were being leaked directly from the boardroom!

I couldn't care less about them either, but what incenses me is their 'punishment' this week was being given a new stadium when they've got a perfectly good one :mad:

Maybe we should try rorting the cap too! Then again we're Manly, so we'd end up with a year's suspension or worse.

Melbourne did not self report they were caught. Players signed multiple contracts so on and so forth.

The issue at the eels is governance. And poor one at that. They are under the cap this year. And were also last year. These issues date back to 2013 and 2014.

The NRL has approved all tpas and pwc have conducted the audit. Do you really think that a big 4 firm will trully risk their reputation on some piss ant leagues club? Don't believe everything in the papers.

Parramatta did not report either they were caught(except staff member) and since then they keep getting caught with more and more ... They have systematically rorted the cap for a few years now

Zero points is the only fair result.

Sorry but I bet it's no where near that , and the ones at fault will be Chan Nein.

The Squeals, Bullpups, and Vermin ( plus Donkeys in QLD) are the biggest rating sides, they will " lean" on Toggy to give them a rebuke and say a 4 point penalty which the way they are going will still see them in the 8.

We all know that the No Real Leadership has no fricken idea, and this will about seal the deal.

Name the advantage gained by their salary cap breaches. Cheating by definition implies an unfair advantage. What is the unfair advantage in paying players to play at other clubs? Was the Semi Radradra beat-up cheating? It was approved by the NRL but was still front page news. How about you all wait for the NRL finding before branding Parra guilty?
Anyway, enjoy the loss!

The act of cheating was by breaching the rules in a deliberate manner. The outcome or advantage gained is irrelevant. The major issue with Parra this time round is that they signed paperwork stating they had confessed to everything last year. Clearly they have lied. While a Storm / Dogs punishment is not likely, the 400k fine that was suspended will be dished with another 200k likely added. I'd suggest 8-10 points is almost reasonable.
If this was happening with Manly, I'd be pissed at the club and be calling for all board members to resign. Meanwhile, Para is playing the victim card. Tells a lot about the fan culture I think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6