Chatting to Grant Mayer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
last night with cam, sgt, kirk and ben at the ground. Guys, he is a fantastic CEO, he came up and said hi and then stayed for around 15 minutes on game night and talked about our club. He is so passionate for Manly and its great to see for our future.

Some positive stuff includes:  
Grant was glowing in praise about Dessie and the culture that he has created in the club. He mentioned the support from the Delmege's and the Penn's is superb and both families are helping us build in all ways at a great rate.

I asked Grant about closing the gates and he said it was his decision. He gets updates every 30 minutes nearer game time. The danger of shutting gates is then people climbing over fences and pulling them down!!! Never thought of that!

There is so much political work in building Brookie. It sounds like some people are working day and night on meetings etc to get the funds. It isn't just handing over cheques.

Tony Wiliams is a great signing. He was under massive pressure to re-sign at the Eels. Des worked very hard to get that signature. After Tony's 1st grade debut and next game by Tony, his stocks massively soared which made it tougher but again Manly came thru.

Manly have got signed some top juniors that we haven't brought down yet!! Some may struggle to handle city life etc so we leave them in the local areas until they are old enough, NZ, QLD etc. Crusher was in Darwin and Manly have I think 4 kids from the Australian Juniors Titles that played.

All in all, Manly are going great guns. Nearly 20 thousand last night, the best backers in Delmege and Penn's, Des as coach, Crusher in juniors,Narabeen complex, Sunshine Coast and hopefully a new stadium in the future.

not so easy, more complicated than you think, salary cap is making life extremely hard, planning for 2-3 years ahead in wages etc with loaded contracts the norm, orford etc

Manly, are right on the brim of the cap but so are most, that's all I will say if that helps

Sounds good Darren, did you see the Under 20s?  If so your thoughts on the game?

The twenties went well.  Better than at Shark Park when they gave the game away.  They defended up until the whistle and ran the ball strongly.  I usually bag the twenties but the game was good.

I was stunned that on game night he would be mingling chatting to fans, happy to answer questions, an awesome guy, could not believe he was CEO, he is real passionate about our club, I'm very happy he is on board

give u blokes a tip daz was a bit of the mark it was closer to 45 mins to an hour.
Grant is a great bloke and a good operator hes not affraid to use the media to get whats best for the club either.

Hes philosphy (spelling) is the business of league is about emotion.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2