Charged: Lussick & Harrison facing week on sidelines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it's like charging a train driver for manslaughter when someone jumps in front of his train

Tweet from Manly

We're taking the early guilty pleas for both Buhrer and Lussick. Jamie's free to play for City, Darcy misses a week due to carryover pts.

Not surprised. Hope accepting Jamie's trumped up charge doesn't come back to bite us later.

I do get the feeling we are being stitched up this year. T-Rex's charge was way over what it should have been but they knew we wouldn't challenge it because we wouldn't want to risk 10 weeks without him. In this case, Jamie didn't do anything at all but they decided to pin a charge on him as they knew we wouldn't challenge it because he wouldn't get suspended.

The whole grading/guilty plea system is a joke. A judgment on the severity of an incident is alway subjective in the end, so why we pretend you can grade incidents as if there is some objective means of doing so is beyond me. Why not just go straight to subjectively determining how many weeks a player should get like we used to do? I'm sure we used to get fairer results under that system.

Of course it's a stitch-up. What the NRL/Media need/want/will get, is a Qld side in the GF to battle it out with any other (besides us or the Warriors.) Qld is a huge market.

Don't agree with just 'accepting' Jamie's charge but I guess Manly have their reasons which I'll respect. Only hope it doesn't come back to haunt us down the track.

ALinda said:
Don't agree with just 'accepting' Jamie's charge but I guess Manly have their reasons which I'll respect. Only hope it doesn't come back to haunt us down the track.

I haven't studied any videos but from what I did see I assumed it was just a mistake that Buhrer was charged.

Did we accept it just to save on legal fees for the hearing? Very strange. Maybe the club decision makers think he is such a clean player that the carry over points will never beome an issue.

Lussick out of luck

Manly's decimated forward pack will be another man down for the defending premiers' grudge match with Canterbury in round eight, with young prop Darcy Lussick accepting a one-match ban on Tuesday.

Lussick took the early guilty plea for his grade-one dangerous throw on Gold Coast winger David Mead last Saturday, ruling him out of the clash against the Bulldogs, sure to be a fiery affair following coach Des Hasler's decision to leave the premiers for Canterbury.

Manly is already without dynamic second-rower Tony Williams (suspension) and might again be missing lock Glenn Stewart (thumb), leaving their forward stocks depleted.

Lussick's team-mate Jamie Buhrer, also charged with a grade-one dangerous throw from the Mead tackle, escapes suspension with an early guilty plea due to no prior loadings and is free to play for City against Country in Mudgee on Sunday.

AAP abc.net.au

Might be good Lussick is not playing the dogs; they might have niggled him to fire up and he might not have handled that so well given his inexperience. Bloody hope G stewart is back!

so does this week count for suspension?
does it count for t-rex too who would've been in the test team?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
ALinda said:

I haven't studied any videos but from what I did see I assumed it was just a mistake that Buhrer was charged.

Did we accept it just to save on legal fees for the hearing? Very strange. Maybe the club decision makers think he is such a clean player that the carry over points will never beome an issue.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Buhrer-free-for-City-while-Lussick-cops-one-week/53516

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2