Charged: Lussick & Harrison facing week on sidelines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Charged: Lussick & Harrison facing week on sidelines

Manly’s Darcy Lussick and Gold Coast’s Ashley Harrison are both facing a week on the sidelines after they were charged by the NRL Match review committee on Monday.

Three other players were charged from the weekend’s games, but they will all be free to play in Round 8 if they take the early guilty plea.

Sea Eagles forwards Lussick and Jamie Buhrer were both charged with a Grade 1 dangerous throw for their tackle on Titans winger David Mead in the 36th minute of Manly’s 26-14 loss to the Gold Coast at Brookvale Oval.

Lussick is facing a week on the sidelines due to a prior offence, but Buhrer will be free to play for City Origin at Mudgee on Sunday afternoon if he takes the early plea.

Gold Coast’s Ashley Harrison could miss a week after he was charged with a Grade 1 careless high tackle on Manly’s Vic Mauro in the 18th minute of their match. Harrison has 55 carry-over points which means even with the early plea, he would miss his side’s round 8 clash with the Broncos.

Jamal Idris was also charged with a Grade 1 careless high tackle, but will be available to play if he takes the early plea.

North Queensland’s Ashton Sims was charged with grade 1 striking, but will take his place in his side’s match against the Rabbitohs with the early plea.

Clubs have until midday on Tuesday to enter their pleas.

Player
Club

Time

Charge

Grade

Penalty Points

Carry-over Points

Idris,
Jamal
Titans

14th

High Tackle - Careless

Early Plea: 84

Guilty: 112
Harrison,
Ashley
Titans

18th

High Tackle - Careless

Early Plea: 67

Guilty: 90
Buhrer,
Jamie
Sea Eagles

36th

Dangerous Throw

Early Plea: 93

Guilty: 125
Lussick,
Darcy
Sea Eagles

36th

Dangerous Throw

Early Plea: 112

Guilty: 150
Sims,
Ashton
Cowboys

68th

Striking

Early Plea: 93

Guilty: 125

How on earth does Jamie get charged for that tackle????? If not for Lussick picking him up, Jamie simply would have held him on his feet until tackle was called.

Yeah I can't believe he was charged, he had no involvement in the dangerous part at all. Lussick should be the only one charged there.

Lussick needs more time off, give him an opportunity to think about what he needs to to with his game, catch football, run forward, play te ball, tackle.

I think Darcy is soooo lucky IMO his tackle was marginally behind tony Williams tackle.

Cambo said:
I think Darcy is soooo lucky IMO his tackle was marginally behind tony Williams tackle.

Agree Lussick was very lucky. I was expecting a higher grading, the landing was very nasty. Idris would also count himself extremely lucky, it's a disgrace that that is just a grade 1. Seems they each got a share of Buhrer's luck, he is extremely unlucky to have been charged.

I can't believe that cheap shot of Idiot errr sorry Idris will see him free to play if he takes the early plea.

I really wish the NRL would get serious with the players that continually target the head or anything above the shoulders of an opponent.

Didn't they used to only charge the player who put their hands between the legs and lifted/tilted the player to the dangerous position? If I was Jamie, I'd fight it as it was all Lussick who did the damage.

Can't believe Buhrer got charged. Still i am shocked at the light grading of the Idris incident.

Very serious tackle Lussick should get the rest of the season and half of next season at Parramatta. Actually, sorry, free to play at Parra....

Is it just me or has the judiciary gone mad this season. First Trex gets 7 weeks for his messy and stupid tackle where as lawrence and farah got 2 for exactly the same thing. Now it seems you can deliberately target an opposing players head with a closed fist when he is defenceless and its a grade 1. In my opinion anything with a closed fist proves intent and therefore its not careless it is malice. Titans went out to rough us up in that game and we were soft and ultimately the league let them get away with it. I suppose the titans needed a win so the NRL can get back some of the millions they have lent them. NRL is fast becoming a laughing stock. Between this crap and the broncos playing every friday night for 9 weeks im beginning to wonder if the IC is just the broncos taking over the running of the game properly once and for all.

dowdz said:
Can't believe Buhrer got charged. Still i am shocked at the light grading of the Idris incident.
Fully agree. And I agree with Jethro, it'd be worth Jamie contesting his charge as he's the innocent victim of Lussick's stupidity. Dreadful decision.

The club should definitely contest Jamie's charge. Completely ridiculous. If a third player was hanging onto his boot, he'd also get charged under this system. Manly's being targeted, and I'm not being paranoid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6