Channel Ten set to bid to snare Friday night football from Channel Nine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
CHANNEL 10 is poised to make a bold and rich bid to steal Friday night football from the firm grasp of fierce rival Channel 9.
The Daily Telegraph has been told Ten executives have spoken extensively about their bid for the Friday evening games under the new NRL television deal to start in 2013.

Ten insiders said the network was "highly enthusiastic" about its chances of pinching either the Friday game or even the Monday night match.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/channel-ten-set-to-bid-to-snare-friday-night-football-from-channel-nine/story-e6frexnr-1226079509619

As someone who doesn't have pay tv, and for whom the only game I definitely can't get to live is Mon night, I hope Ten, or any FTA network, get the Monday night game.

I hope it happens. Channel 10/0 have two good RL shows that discuss RL seriously, unlike Nine's Footy Show. I think they would do a good job.

Anything that takes the monopoly from Nine is a good thing.

I'd prefer ABC to get it ( Iknow im dreaming) but any games away from Nein is a good thing.

Having fox I do like the game without ad breaks. Be nice if this was something ten would have in its proposal.

Pride said:
Having fox I do like the game without ad breaks. Be nice if this was something ten would have in its proposal.

Never going to happen. Fox has subscription fees, Ten does not, hence Ten (or any of the FTA commercial networks) need to run ads in the game.

Pride said:

Yes I'm sure they would love to spend hundreds of millions for the rights to broadcast these games without any hope of making a quid on them. Let alone trying to recoup their initial investment. Then again why would they try to recoup something that could not possibly be considered an investment in the first place?

Sounds like charity to me.

I prefer the games to be on fox as there are no ads, in HD and they are not delayed. Channel Nine sucks the big one when it comes to NRL coverage. If channel Ten get it i hope they do a better job then Nine.

There's not to much they could do to make the coverage worse. Depends who they get on the commentary team but I think they'd be hard pressed to find someone as mediocre as Fittler.

Fox should have all the games, at least they put them on live,long live the Fox.......9 Sux !0 sux 7 sux.......

NO NO NO NO NO! The only reason I see an advantage to this is popping the price up or giving one of Fox's current games to 10 (Monday night as said previously maybe? However, Fox won't get rid of Monday nights as its their top rating show).

If 10 get it then more power goes to the Murdoch's. This will mean we will be essentially Super League. News Corp will win the war.

Denno said:
Fox should have all the games, at least they put them on live,long live the Fox.......9 Sux !0 sux 7 sux.......

Or you could go to the game instead? ;)

I am kidding but there is some truth to this joke. For anyone that doesn't support the teams playing they would never go. On the other hand, the teams playing lose fans going through the gates.

The reason that the EPL succeeds with crowds is because the games aren't live anywhere in the UK. This forces the fans to either go to the game, go to one of their local games instead, listen to the game on the radio or wait for the replay.

We get a lot of money for the TV deal but lose crowds in doing so. I think the money we get would far outweigh the extra tickets though.

Tonight they are showing both games live so we will see why all along we have been pushing for Perth to enter the comp. This is WA's trial. Hopefully they don't let us down :)

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Jono the Vermin v Donkeys is on delay

At least only 1/2 hour delay, instead of the usual 2 hours. But by the end of the game it'll be 2hours behind anyway due to ads.

Jono said:

Denno said:

Or you could go to the game instead? ;)

Valid point for Manly games, but for the other games of the w/end it would be good to have better coverage than we get now.

But sometimes it is also a case of better the devil you know.

Love going to Brookie, but its a bit far to go when you live in Tassie, best coverage is Fox Hope they get most of ths games in years to come.

If ten got the rights,who would the commentators be,would the current 9 team (gus voss rabbs sterlo etc etc),be offered contract with ten?

On a side note:Fittler is diabolical,have u seen him on the footy show?He says about 10-15 words max all night ,and just sits there and looks down at his desk scribbling on a bit of paper with his pen,lol.

My god so much hate for freddy.....i think he is that dumb its actually hilarious

Think of it this way,if a complete idiot good kinda guy can play for australia, be the best player in the last 20 years,captain NSW etc,then whats to say you cant?

Ex-footballers (generally speaking) don't have the elocution levels or literacy skills to be a commentator.
Nine's panel are woeful; Fatty, Marn, Freddy,
but Fox's have their woes too; Tallis

Each time they speak makes me cringe with embarassment.
Surely the Rugby Yawnion or GayFL don't have such mediocity.

It's their jobs - they should be made to go back to school to be taught to talk proper.

You can only wonder what another station (Ten) could dig up?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4