Channel Nine boss Jeff Browne confident his station will win right to broadcast NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Channel 9 can only get it as long as the IC help dictate how the game is shown. No more of this two games on Friday night crap. I would prefer a Thursday night and Friday night game, or 3 games on Sunday.

No offence Dan, but you are somebody who (for good reasons) doesn't go to many games.

I agree with the tv staions not picking the schedule, as that system is crap.

But Thursady games, whilst good for tv, are crap for those wanting to go to the game. It would be yet another game where most have to work both the day before and the day after the game.

This is mine, and many others, biggest issues with Mondays, it screws with two work days. But I do like Monday footy when Manly is not playing .... only because of the tv situation, but relise that is selfish towards fans of the teams that are playing.

Just a suggestion, that going to the football, does not have to go hand in hand with alcohol and thus should not have any real affect on the following work day.

My point was more that two games on a Friday night is just stupid, especially with the Queensland insistence on showing the lesser quality game for instance Broncos vs Cowboys first

It's not just because of the alcohol, although I don't pretend I don't mind a beer at the footy.

But if it's a game where you don't get home until 11ish, and then time to wind down and go to bed, and then have to get up early the next morning. The lack of sleep can be a factor too towards the next days work.

But I do agree with your second point, as sure enough there will be a Friday later in the year where the Brisbane game will be good one and we'll get that second down here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4