Channel 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brickbats to Channel 9 on 2 fronts:
Firstly having SBW on at half-time - I thought it was offensive giving that defector the time of day, let alone in the middle of Origin!
Secondly giving that thug Smith MOM, even though he gave us an 8point try and is on report! :mad:

SBW has the most soul grating accent I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. As if he wasn't bad enough he has to sound like a cat being thrown into a tree.

Why is he a QLd supporter though? Dont get it. Didnt he go straight from NZ to the Dogs? Or is it just another one of his 'latch onto anyone who wins' deals?

Most of NZ goes for Qld mate. He probably doesn't like NSW coz they are racist, his good brudda Anthony would have told him that

SBW is as cheesy as a stuff crust pizza. Lots a cheese, **** all flavour. I hated his smug face at the game for sure. Offered nothing

Agreed. SBW turned his back on the game. I thought it was a disgrace on channel 9's behalf.

Yes, very odd thing to do. I wasn't aware that 9 had the broadcast rights for the rugby. Voss (****quit), gave the union, and whatever channel have the rights to the union, a free kick. I guess they don't care as the game is on Saturday night when they don't show any league. I thought it was hilarious when Voss called him SBW and he corrected him and said "my name is Sonny".

Kiwi Eagle said:
Most of NZ goes for Qld mate. He probably doesn't like NSW coz they are racist, his good brudda Anthony would have told him that

Some things I will never understand.

Once again Rugby League has shown why they are totally inept at fighting their corner against other codes. On the eve of a new TV deal you have the current rights holder who are looking for another chance at it, promoting the complete competition with an arsehole who is so hated in Rugby League circles its not even funny, on the half time spot of our biggest rating game of the year. If i was David Gallop i would honestly turn around to Channel 9 and say "you pull a stunt like that again and you can kiss the broadcast rights goodbye" Channel 9 have the rights to the Rugby World Cup so when it suits they start promoting Rugby Union. Honestly they make me so angry how they just let these arseholes like Sonny Bill get publicity. Do you think the Rugby Union would allow an ad for our game with a turncoat at halftime ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!. Channel 7 dont even mention a single thing about Rugby League even on shows like Packed to the Rafters a family that lives in Concord in sydney that follows AFL and Rugby and doesnt even mention league. It shows the contempt and disregard Ch9 has for Gallop and his cronies they have no backbone at all.

You had me until you mentioned packed to the rafters....you watch that??

I can recall a few years ago he said he was a Blues supporter. Or perhaps he was playing his bulldog rep players.

Anyway i think the maroon scarf is because he has had a few boxing fights in QLD and wants the support.

He should change his name to Shaquille Billal Wasim

lsz said:
You had me until you mentioned packed to the rafters....you watch that??

Im sorry to say i have watched it very seldomly when i was hanging out with my Mum a couple of times. Talk about a false representation of relationships it is so cringeworthy. My brother calls it Racked to the P***ters. Apologies to our gay brothers and sisters for that one they dont deserve to be associated with that show

Nothing revs up a crowd like a pete murry song............................

Kenny G for Game 1 2012

Sbw iwll be back in league after the RWC

anthonyb1965 said:
The Eagle said:
Does anyone actually like pre game singing by ****house bands?

Been bad for all SOO!!! Hopefully we have a great act for the GF!!!

I believe it's going to be Meatloaf, which does absolutely nothing for me.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6