1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channel 9 coverage yesterday.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Killer03, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Specifically I'm talking about the under 20s. What an absolute joke. Interviews during the game with wally and petero, which were annoying (especially when they had the camera on them when the game was going), but at least there was some reason (however fickle). But then to interview people from the block and then 2 cowgirl Neville supporters?????? Seriously what was all that about?

Even my family (roosters supporters) were blowing up and saying this is a joke.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    It's all about first grade!

3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    It was the worst I've seen. At least the worst I can remember.

The game is a whore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Nine are trying to innovate, but in reality they are detracting from the overall day coverage. No idea who the personalities are in charge of direction and production at 9 but they are the ones responsible. You dont need to mess with a simple formula

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Let's not forget that they don't do the 20's in the normal course of the year , that's Foxtels patch.

I have Foxtel so watched the 20's and State Championship and then turned over.

I much prefer the Foxtel coverage and would be delighted if it was them doing all the games instead of Nein, but understand that in free to air land that's not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    The Foxtell coverage of the two earlier games was excellent.
    Was there another match after the Ipswich win?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    I thought the State game was done really well , Kimmorley death riding us in the 20's was the only downside to the two games .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,081 / 27
    I did the same Mark. If only Fox were allowed to keep covering until the end.
    But Nein would never allow that. Their audience would be cut in half and they know it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    At least Cold Chisel were good, some entertainment closer to what footy fans actually want

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    My fav part of the day was the dribble about Kahu's corner. 5 mins after bragging about how this coverage is going around the world etc that's the **** they come up with. Hopeless and unprofessional.
    And all the pre game puff pieces on players set to classical music etc is a pile of ****e as well.
    The game itself is the spectacle and I think the average Joe gets the importance of the occasion and the drama involved without phil Gould having to tell us.
    The pre game dribble was summed up best when Gilbert asked Lockyer...... "So, what do you think of Thurston?" What a nothing question with an obvious answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    Unfortunately I was at a house without foxtel, so had to suffer the Nine wankfest.
    How disrespectful was that to the 20's players, families, and supporters!......and when they did bother to commentate you copped Fittler ( who obviously hadn't had a snort at that stage of the game).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97
    Watched the 20s at a mates place (penrith supporter argh) on fox and it was really good but it us their gig, foxtel are sponsors of the 20s. Nine commentary of the main game was appalling its embarrassing for the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    And to think we have these idiots for another 6-7 years, oh joy of joys.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. BH72

BH72 Active Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    yep, behind their desk talking about Qld .. during a GF with two Sydney teams... they are woeful

15. Boozo

Boozo Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Fittler death riding us in the Nein coverage. Even Tim Gilbert had to chip him about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    The worst part about Fittler commentating was that he was all praise for Penrith (shock horror), but other than that all he could do was try and find fault with Tommy. And the laughable part was that all he could come up with was his kick offs.

Nein's coverage of the Holden Cup GF was disgraceful at best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Fittler is a clown. A likely victim of inbreeding and in possession of an IQ that just barely allows him to function as a human being.

Fortunately for him he could play football. Unfortunately for us, that was sufficient qualification for him to become a Channel 9 commentator.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  18. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Best part of the day was Gordon Tallis saying something hilarious after JT hit the post....

"Who painted that?"

great call

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Not only was it going around the world, but Rabbs would often go off on a tangent and start promoting their other shows like the Block bla bla bla , WTF.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EaglesDontTweet

EaglesDontTweet Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 15
    The whole media landscape has unfortunately been trashed from fragmentation. Once they were strong and gave viewers whatever they wanted. Now they have to pander to advertisers by incessant cross promotion of their cheap to produce lifestyle/reality shows.