Channel 9 - bite me

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
This is what happens when you try and buy rugby league and try and sacrifice fans for the sake of your own dirty ratings...
Instead of the classic Warriors vs Tigers game today you are broadcasting the pointless Newcastle vs Souths game.
And next week may be even better. Instead of showing what could be full-house, turn back the clock classic between the Tigers and Raiders, you are showing the equally useless Warriors vs Eels snoozer.
My read on this is suck eggs to you and the NRL. Karma is a bitch, and I hope you all choke on your chai lattes.
NYEagle

Broncos, Souths, Dogs, Roosters always on Nine. And it makes certain those teams have easy draws.

Don't be surprised to see doesn't-matta get a favourable draw in 2017. The comeback from this years 'disaster' will be their feel good story.

2014 it was Souffs.
2015 was NQ's turn.
2016 so far seems to be Cronulla.

Don't be surprised to see doesn't-matta get a favourable draw in 2017. The comeback from this years 'disaster' will be their feel good story.

2014 it was Souffs.
2015 was NQ's turn.

2013 Roosters
2014 Souths
2015 Cowboys
2016 Cronulla
2017 Titans (Hayne)

2014 it was Souffs.
2015 was NQ's turn.
2013 was SBW and 2012 was the Storms "redemption"

I wonder if CH9 have put these rubbish games on to help them push their case about only announcing times of games 4 weeks before?

2013 Roosters
2014 Souths
2015 Cowboys
2016 Cronulla
2017 Titans (Hayne)
mmm, 2017 Titans is interesting, along with the Raiders in 2017 out to avenge their humiliating defeat in the finals of 2016 makes for a interesting quinella....guess that will be confirmed when the draw comes out and especially if the rules committee, in the off season (when no one is looking), implements a bonus point after a touchdown (sorry try) which involves a 'plane' manoeuver. Of course the decision on what is a 'plane' will come down to the 'bunker' and people will express hope that matches aren't decided by one point because of 'planes' ......

:party:@:mad:@;):whew::rolleyes:

2014 it was Souffs.
2015 was NQ's turn.
They got an incredibly favourable draw this year. I think they were supposed to be the fairytale team with a lot of television coverage but the d*ckheads cap cheated.:giggle:
I certainly hope we don't get another draw from hell. I really feel in some ways our team was bashed out of contention early, by the draw we copped.
Interestingly, when the draw came out two teams mentioned problems with their draw, Manly and Roosters.
Look where those teams are on the ladder.
Must be so cushy to be a donkeys supporter.

Since Fox has got the rights to every game I haven't watched Channel 9 once this year. Haven't missed their dribble for one second. The Fox coverage leaves them for dead.
Haven't watched those agenda driven dribblers on 9 all year. Fox is great (apart from Goosnier). Also HD means watching ch 9 is like watching old games on vhs.

Since Fox has got the rights to every game I haven't watched Channel 9 once this year. Haven't missed their dribble for one second. The Fox coverage leaves them for dead.
Only watched the State Of Origin on Nine. Nothing has changed. You thought they would have changed their style and presentation to try and woo some viewers back.

OK OK and old thread bump but man it seemed to have the title I needed.

*cough*

Same article as the one I posted in the cameron smith thread but I also read this bit about the pro sharkies commentary during the gf.

As Nine sports boss Tom Malone pointed out when we contacted him,Phil Gould, Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler, Darren Lockyer and Wally Lewis are paid to have a say.

"They're our rugby league experts," he said. "They're paid for their opinions. The only person who gets paid for neutral commentary is Rabs [play-by-play caller Ray Warren]."

Neutral....rabs???????

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a load of ****ing bullcrap.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hard-to-be-a-good-person-20161006-grwd37.html

*cough*

Same article as the one I posted in the cameron smith thread but I also read this bit about the pro sharkies commentary during the gf.

As Nine sports boss Tom Malone pointed out when we contacted him,Phil Gould, Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler, Darren Lockyer and Wally Lewis are paid to have a say.

"They're our rugby league experts," he said. "They're paid for their opinions. The only person who gets paid for neutral commentary is Rabs [play-by-play caller Ray Warren]."

Neutral....rabs???????

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hard-to-be-a-good-person-20161006-grwd37.html
Yeah GE. Says a lot about ingrained culture that the channel 9 sports boss believes you can't have experts who are neutral/unbiased.

Cam Smith may be poison to many on this forum, and they will point to inconsistencies, but IMO the first article in your link above shows why the Storm are so well led. Jack Gibson said his first focus was in helping his players to be better people, and second focus to be better footballers. Cam Smith is saying something not dissimilar. There's no problem in my mind with Manly becoming a halfway house for the wayward. But only if we show good leadership similar to what we hear from the likes of Cronk and Smith at the Storm.

*cough*

Neutral....rabs???????

Totally agree, Ray Warren is the furthest thing from neutral.

However...I don't get how the frenzied screaming about 'bias' has come about - watching the GF in a room with one single, solitary Sharks supporter present, we were all complaining during the second half about the 'aren't Melbourne wonderful' jizzfest the Nein commentators (Phil Gould especially, but he wasn't the only one) were carrying on with. 'You can never count Melbourne out', 'they're such a benchmark' 'they're so well-drilled and clinical'...blah blah blah

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7