Championship Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think he will be around much longer, my guess is that he will get them to a mid table finish and be replaced by next season.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

ManlyBacker link said:
Is this turning into an early Xmas pressie for CW? Could Leeds actually end up playing with the REAL teams :)
Would be nice - too early to start hoping, but they are in pretty good form, especially since the defence has stopped leaking goals.

Alan Curbishley Rusty is who I want, if not anyone else other then who we have. And good to see Leeds up there again, They beat QPR the other day didn't they?

tractorboy link said:
Alan Curbishley Rusty is who I want, if not anyone else other then who we have. And good to see Leeds up there again, They beat QPR the other day didn't they?
Yep - two nil at Elland Rd. Good win.

About time, when I first read the news I screamed with joy. Get someone in( Paul Jewell by the sounds of it) asap and give him time to make up for all of Keane's errors. And save us from going down most importantly.

tractorboy link said:
About time, when I first read the news I screamed with joy. Get someone in( Paul Jewell by the sounds of it) asap and give him time to make up for all of Keane's errors. And save us from going down most importantly.

Looks like they need help, the scoreline against Chelsea is a really big worry.

It hurts to lose by that scoreline in any game but it was a cup game so that takes the egde off a bit and was after all against one of the best teams in the world. But yes whoever comes in has a heck of a lot of work to do.

I would say it was half 1st team and half ressies. But there ball boys pinky toe had more talent then our players, it was always going to b a thrashing.

I dread to think what the score would have been if Keane was still in charge that game. 10 15-0. So good he is gone. Paul Jewell has a lot of work to do poor fella.

Yeah I nearly crashed my tractor in shock at that result. But like you say things are picking up. If it wasnt for the last min goal Barnsley got on the weekend we would have 5 wins in a row

lsz said:
I heard forrest signed one of your old players good old georgie boateng!

I think we almost ot number the premier fans on here...

To be honest i am looking forward to it (in a way)

we have been crap for 3 years. At least this way, unless we implode, we will win a few games and might be in the play offs rather than trying to come 17th

Sorry to drag this over from the EPL thread but figured we may as well have the discussion in the right thread.

Not sure how much gas Boateng has left in the tank but I won't be surprised if he does a decent job for them. Noticed that Forest signed another ex-Boro lad, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, as their first team manager as well. Not sure whether to shake my fist or laugh - maybe both. Fantastic player but not sure how he'll go as the gaffer.

I think that the Hammers will go straight back up into the EPL with Big Sam at the helm, it'll be all results based football at West Ham. Personally I think you might be best served in the long term by spending a couple seasons in the championship & develop some of your youth before popping back up. Money talks though so the board will probably want promotion ASAP.

Not sure what to expect from the Smoggies this year, I just wish that Bolton would f**k off & stop trying to poach our defenders. They nabbed Wheater last year & are now gunning very hard for Rhys Williams & Seb Hines. They can have Hines for all I care but if they get Williams we are in trouble, Mogga seems intent on keeping Rhys though so I'm hoping that he can hang onto him.

We should be exciting one way or another this year, Mogga's Celtic teams were always great on the attack but leaked goals like a sieve leaks water. One big positive is how well McDonald played once Mogga took over, if we can settle on a strike partner for him & keep him on the pitch I won't be surprised if McDonald breaks back into the Aussie squad.

Not a drama - i did like hijacking that EPL thread

Agree re spend time in the champo but will never happen with Sullivan and Gold + the oly stadium coming

**** we are going to be grim to watch

Did not know forrest signed Jimi...he used to be class...but as a gaffer? not so sure on that one

I am interested in Scottie Mc and how he adapts / grows. Has he stagnated?

Struggled under Strachan, picked up a few knocks early in the season as well which didn't help him, Lita was really our dominant forward last season.

He really kicked on once Strachan stepped down & we brought in Mogga, glimpses of his Celtic form at times. If he can stay on the pitch he should carve it up in the champ, Mogga got plenty out of him with the Hoops so I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke & he can do it again.

Interesting that you mentioned the Olympic Stadium. Was reading up on the issue earlier in the week, mostly abouts Spurs attempts to block the move. Looks like they're going to keep fighting it, not sure why it means so much to them?

$

They can then sell white heart lane / marge larger attendance

Same reason we want it!

Ah, makes sense. Really have to read up on it soonish, haven't been paying much attention to the goings on of the football world lately (big thanks to Harry Kewell for killing that enthusiasm).

Speaking of stadiums, Brighton's new stadium looks absolutely mint, very much the kind of thing that would be ideal for Brookie.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falmer_Stadium

Fookin luverly...

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6