1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chalk another one up for Lowe

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blindside-fight-of-his-life/

The bloke is really starting to return on the faith that was shown in him

2. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    I've lost track, Lowe 50 detractors 0

3. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The hunters seem to have moved onto other pastures at the moment, lets hope they are as wrong in those departments as they have been on this one so far

4. Stillman

Stillman Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Air New Zealand? Surely the only kiwi company with that much cash to spare.

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Don't worry there will be a negative post from someone about this soon....but I agree Lowe 50 everyone else 0.

6. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm guessing this would relate to the sleeve sponsorship?

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Just a reminder that a heart attack scores 2500.

8. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    So does that mean if you have a heart attack Mata, Lowe gets 2500 points too?

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Talk about death-riding... no respect? Lowe is a Manly identity who is obviously working hard and doing his best for the Manly cause. By the way, no-one lives forever, and no-one stays in the job forever. We can only ask that he produces the goods while he's here. So far so good.

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    It might be a "tongue in cheek" comment but it isn't funny.

11. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I think the 'my testes are bigger than your testes' or not tone of this thread is ridiculous. Lowe will be judged on the big picture of his tenure.

Signings of existing players is no more a symbol of his success than the media coverage that we get.

A much more important indication of his success will be his ability to create a great team of employees off the paddock, to develop long term strategies, to work with the coaching staff, board, Leagues Club in implementing key policy, to recruit in a prudent and sustainable way and to manage a budget.

Great to hear of the signings but for either detractors or fans to suggest that this is all Lowe is ridiculous.

At present it is like lauding a player who has scored two fours in the first fifteen minutes of his innings. There is a lot more to the innings before somewhere gets to score the century.

Time will tell!!

12. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    There is a strong suggestion that most of these signings and big news items were already done deals or in tge works and held over to keep up appearences so to speak.

Either way all good news I just be careful wool can really make your eyes itch

13. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Amazing that he managed to do things that take several months in the few weeks he has been there. 

My garden shed

go manly

14. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Lets face I hope it wipe **** across every detractors face over the next 12 months or so, including mine.

15. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    The idea that the "detractors actually want Lowe to fail is crazy! Just because some people thought he wouldn't be the best ever, doesn't mean they don't want him to be.

(And if they do want him to fail so they'll be right, they are idiots!)

16. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    even if u were mucking around you are a disgraceful individual andrew. Your a father you have young kids just like Grahme lowe i bet you wouldnt like your kids reading some cretin joking about points allocated if you had a heart attack. Grow up you fool.

17. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Yeah, fair enough Cliffy.

18. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    most of lowes detractors were Mayers biggest supporters on here and are probably just trying to save a bit of face rather than really wanting lowe to fail.

So far so good and since we amputated that 11th toe that was the bears scum Lowe is probably our second best CEO so far behind Mayer. If he becomes number 1 then our future is certain for years to come and we have another premiership. Not the worst bit of humble pie anyone would ever have to chomp through