Chad could be gone!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
ADAM LUCIUS
10jun05

EMOTION will play no part in the Sea Eagles' decision over the future of hooker Chad Randall.

The 24-year-old rake is set to go on the open market unless Manly come up with an offer by the end of the month.

A new deal seems increasingly unlikely, leaving Randall no choice but to sever his family's 35-year association with the club.

Randall's father Terry is one of the Sea Eagles' all-time greats, but sentiment will play no part in contract talks.

``We are sensitive to a range of factors and one of those is he is the son of a famous player,'' Manly CEO Pat Wilson said yesterday.

``But what we've got to do is make the best decision for the sake of the organisation.

``We've got challenges in regard to the salary cap and we've got to prioritise players with the skills we require.

``We will continue to review and assess our options.''

Randall has struggled for game time behind Shayne Dunley this year, giving him little chance to impress.

But he remains hopeful Manly will not terminate his career at Brookvale.

`I'm trying not to think about the future too much because if I do I won't get much sleep,'' Randall said last night.

``If it goes another couple of weeks then I'll be getting really concerned.

``But I'm confident something will come up - if not at Manly then somewhere else.''

Rejuvenated Manly second-rower Steve Menzies hasn't ruled out playing beyond 2006.

Menzies, the leading try-scoring forward in the history of the game, is off contract at the end of next season.

After a half a season of rich form culminating in his selection in the NSW side for Origin II, the 31-year-old is enjoying a new lease of life.

``I feel fine now and I'm enjoying playing. I'll get to next year and see how I go through pre-season,'' he said.

``I don't feel too slow or too unfit.''

I feel sorry for the bloke, but I dont think he is good enough to keep. (Randall that is not Menzies)

This matter is all about Chad's upgraded contract in 2003. Going on the open market to test is code for - the club won't pay me what I reckon I am worth so I will see if anyone else will!

He is probably on quite big money and the club does not want to keep paying him at that level. There could be a place for him should he be prepared to accept less - it will depend on what other clubs are willing to offer.

They should put him on an incentive scheme. He has the talent, he just doesn't want to show it. If he doesn't like it he has to realise that he is, on form, the most expendable member of our top twenty players.

We should sign him for $10.00 per year. As long as us fans get two free games, shoe hire, hot dog, fries & a coke!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6