1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ch9 Thumbs it's nose at QLD viewers for season opener on Thursday

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jethro, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Queensland falls victim to Channel Nine delayed reaction for season opener

Todd Balym
    The Courier-Mail
    March 04, 2014 8:02AM

WELCOME to Queensland State of Origin champions eight years in a row but still living in the rugby league dark ages.

The sunshine state will become the rugby league black hole of Australia on Thursday night as the only section of the entire country unable to witness the start of the NRL season live on free to air television.

Click here to read the full article.

[hr]

I know that they have only just brokered a new broadcasting deal but the sooner the Nine Network loses the rights to broadcast the game of Rugby League, the better it will be.

2. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    I'm no fan of Nein, but the villain here is the backward queenslanders and their government who refuse to fall in line on daylight saving.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    So primitive, no HD, no Live - clauses that the NRL must include in their next Broadcast deal :idea:

Telstra still owns half of Foxtel, so they will rake it in at this rate :dodgy:

4. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    If anyone should not be whingeing about NRL coverage its queensland. The broncos get an arm chair ride and so do their supporters. Why would a bronco fan need foxtel.

I know there are other fans but essentially channel 9 does this because they believe the other crap will rate better. If queenslanders actually watched footy that didnt involve themselves as much we wouldnt be talking about this at all

They talk about Qld be the centre of Rugby League universe , decisions like this show they certainly are not, They are not supporters of footy they just support themselves. Bit of a fan v supporter issue there . Havnt seen one of them in a while
    [hr]
    Might have to facebook the result for laughs

• Like Like x 1
  5. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Spot on jbb/james, Qld and Vic are so insular they may as well be separate countries.
    Have a look at their respective newspapers - Brisbane is split between Boncos and the Lions and Melbourne is all AFL.
    My brother lives on Gold Coast and buys the Sydney papers so he knows whats going on in with the rest of the NRL.
    If they gave a $hit, then Ch 9 would show the game which is what they are doing on Friday night.
    It's smacks of QLD arrogance to blame the NRL. They conveniently omit the fact that the game isn't shown in Victoria either.

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    It appears to me that Queensland already thinks that they are a separate country because judging by media reports up here when they report on sports stars be it RL players or olympic representatives etc. in international events, they are QUEENSLANDERS. Australian status always comes second if it is even lucky enough to get a mention.

• Like Like x 1
  7. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    CORRECT
    [hr]
    Rounds two and three up here against the vermin and the chooks are delayed because of bronco mania; there's about 7 instances of this over all rounds.

cant see it live on nein and can't watch it live on foxtel.

8. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,726 / 10
    I'm not from QLD, but I know they, like us,
    love their NRL.
    So, whoever's responsible, bombard all states with NRL because 1000's of Vic's are moving to QLD & bringing AFL with them. Their game won't change you & me,
    but kids from traditional RL areas could go to AFL.

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,531 / 32
    Australia, that's in Queensland!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Queensland? Who gives a .............

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Gee. I thought Channel Nein had dedicated their station to Bronco TV?

12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    Hardly surprising. If it isn't Bonkos then it doesn't rate apparently and when the Bonkos fade they move on to the Reds, Lions, Firebirds or some other s**t Qld sporting team.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    That's in Queensland!!!

Id be really dirty if it was Manly V Storm, actually no I wouldn't I'd be there as I am going down for round 1.

Yep all to do with the news and a current affair, and the competition with Chan 7

14. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
  15. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,485 / 42
    Hey C'mon Mick, leave the Firebirds out of it. Super fit chicks in short skirts always rates here at the 'bat cave!:p

16. amberg11

amberg11 New Member

Caboolture, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well it was on last night here in Brisbane and that's in Queensland
    [hr]
    this is so true! did you know Australia is in Queensland.

17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,790 / 58
  18. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I wonder how many Qld people live in NSW and expect to see Broncos games live every week? Oh yeah, that's right....they're stupid hey? fmd

19. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    The replay of last nights game out rated the news and ACA by huge figures...

Gus was on twitter before trying to defend it.

20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    He's very well paid for his independent opinion.

• Like Like x 3