1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ch9 double standard

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, May 28, 2015.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Anyone else notice how they keep pumping the tyres on the Beau Scott thuggery on Thurston as though it's amusing and a normal part of the game? A few questions:
    1. Would they be so cavalier if a media-assigned thug figure (say Matai or Bird) decided it was his life's mission to bash Mitchell Pearce out of the game?
    2. Will they be held to account when it does go pear-shaped and Scott injures Thurston for the long term?

2. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Thuggery? I call it good defence.
    Was he penalised or placed on report? I must have missed something.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    its not his go.

They have their heroes, Scott, Smith, Slater that can get away with everything and others who they like to make an example of.

Kind of like the refs, they just pick and choose willy nilly

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Did Billy Grub get cited for his shoulder charge on Dugan or his cheap elbow to Morris' back ?? Thought not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2830 Eagle

2830 Eagle Aim low, reach your goals, avoid disappointment

Ratings:
    +97 / 2
    I'm just glad I was there and didn't have to suffer ch9 coverage

6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Last night, nothing about the shoulder charge from Slater on Dugan, that should have been a charge, criminal that Hodges gets no sanction for his dumping tackle on Farah, who is now out for weeks with a bad shoulder injury. Dirty drizzle captain and win at all costs wanker hits Pearce high and no penalty, shame you cant sort things out anymore cause Queensland really were at the limit last night.

7. lurker

lurker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +798 / 33
    I muted it multiple times. Gus Gould is a ****ing muppet. Bags NSW non stop while you have any queenslander talking about how they're angels. Most one-sided game I've seen refereed in a long time. Queensland 3rd man flopping in all day slowing the tackle yet we got penalized multiple times for slowing the play the ball. If you clocked it though they were getting as much as 2-3 times the amount of time to clear the ruck. Complete rubbish

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    They really need to bring back fights, it would solve so much on field tension

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    IIRC this is exactly what people were saying after game 1 of 2014......

10. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    That seemed a lot like that dumping tackle that Ballin received (cant recall who by??). That tackler got a few weeks from memory. O yes, thats right, its not black and white, each case is judged differently...when they are exactly the same

11. The empty Penn

The empty Penn New Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    Would continuously alternating between two accounts be double standards ??

12. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Praps Nein are deliberately trying to annoy NSW viewers by turning a blind eye, just ignoring Maroons illegalities in SOO. Sort of a click-bait "creating, feeding controversy" method of getting ppl to watch. Nein would have done research on this. Its all about money, advertising, ratings. Gus Gould was patently biased against NSW that night. I find that difficult to understand as he has been a former Blues player and coach. Think he was under instructions, not to be pro-NSW.
    It was the Qld 'get square' match after all. "We better not upset the bulk of our viewers" ie the vast two-heads population by being pro NSW in this broadcast cause they will be watching".

The excessive TV influence in the game, over the NRL, its morays, its values have ruined SOO, ruined or distorted RL to the point where the sport is now unrecogniseable from the code that was played as recently as 1990 or even 1993. This makes a mockery of the idea of the "Hall of Fame" or "The immortals" because the old players in there WERE PLAYING A DIFFERENT SPORT.