Ch9.....5 more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
5 more years of listening to Manly games on radio on Friday night in Queensland.

Both free to air and foxtel should have rights to all games to air as they want.

A good deal because of the money involved, not much of an improvement for the viewing public by any means.

5 more years of listening to Manly games on radio on Friday night in Queensland.

Both free to air and foxtel should have rights to all games to air as they want.

A good deal because of the money involved, not much of an improvement for the viewing public by any means.

Oh well, the TV stations are hardly going to pay the big $ and not get a say in how they cover it on tv. Sure there are some issues but in general I have no issue with it, cannot have it both ways. This should help secure the clubs future, it is a great thing.

Oh well, the TV stations are hardly going to pay the big $ and not get a say in how they cover it on tv. Sure there are some issues but in general I have no issue with it, cannot have it both ways. This should help secure the clubs future, it is a great thing.

COMMANDER said:

Broncos coverage drives me nuts. I think this Friday will be the first 7:30 Manly game televised live into Qld, solely due to our opposition of course.
Channel 9 needs to implement a viewers choice for the Friday night games. For those that don't give a rats about Lockyer's heirs to the SOO throne, the coverage sucks.

COMMANDER said:

Broncos coverage drives me nuts. I think this Friday will be the first 7:30 Manly game televised live into Qld, solely due to our opposition of course.
Channel 9 needs to implement a viewers choice for the Friday night games. For those that don't give a rats about Lockyer's heirs to the SOO throne, the coverage sucks.

My biggest bugbear is the night grandfinal. This deal sucks cause ch9 dont care about developing the game. They never have and the dopey NRL have been bought off and told to shut up. And you can bet any control the nrl had has been written out of the contracts now. Ch9 own the game even more now than they ever had. Add to that Laurie Daley's appointment and i think its a ****ty day for Rugby League. I wont be watching 9 but Fox do an ok job.

My biggest bugbear is the night grandfinal. This deal sucks cause ch9 dont care about developing the game. They never have and the dopey NRL have been bought off and told to shut up. And you can bet any control the nrl had has been written out of the contracts now. Ch9 own the game even more now than they ever had. Add to that Laurie Daley's appointment and i think its a ****ty day for Rugby League. I wont be watching 9 but Fox do an ok job.

It is not ideal but do you think Ch 7 and 10 would have been much different. At the end of the day they all want to maximise ratings and I dare say would end up doing the same thing. If not they would have offered less $. And yes the viewers choice is a must for Ch 9, it cannot be that hard.

It is not ideal but do you think Ch 7 and 10 would have been much different. At the end of the day they all want to maximise ratings and I dare say would end up doing the same thing. If not they would have offered less $. And yes the viewers choice is a must for Ch 9, it cannot be that hard.

Its in the networks interest to have no one at games, If everyone watched from home, ratings would be higher and they could charge more for advertising. To expect the networks to put the games on at times that suit people going to the footy flies in the face of there own agenda. The 200k people that attend the footy on the weekends are really not getting with the networks plan for domination.

Its in the networks interest to have no one at games, If everyone watched from home, ratings would be higher and they could charge more for advertising. To expect the networks to put the games on at times that suit people going to the footy flies in the face of there own agenda. The 200k people that attend the footy on the weekends are really not getting with the networks plan for domination.

jbb/james said:

All true.

As for growing the game, you get more exposure the more you have tuning in on TV not by getting a extra 10k through the gate on a Saturday afternoon. Yes the crowd numbers might be larger but then tv viewers would be say a hundred thousand down. Not exactly good for growing the game.

jbb/james said:

All true.

As for growing the game, you get more exposure the more you have tuning in on TV not by getting a extra 10k through the gate on a Saturday afternoon. Yes the crowd numbers might be larger but then tv viewers would be say a hundred thousand down. Not exactly good for growing the game.

Utility Player said:
The galloping goose didn't get much of a mention in dispatches, surly he did some of the spade work.

That clown sold the game for half price to his employers 5 years ago.

Utility Player said:
The galloping goose didn't get much of a mention in dispatches, surly he did some of the spade work.

That clown sold the game for half price to his employers 5 years ago.

We were promised so much, yet given so little. An absolute joke that a code as big as the NRL has its official free to air broadcast partner show just one game live. I understand 4 PM games are TV friendly as they run straight into the news, but at least show it live. Two Friday night games are also unnessasary, however, they could at least screen one of them on either GEM or GO, that way their both live. And back to night Grand Finals, just shows how little they thought of the fans when signing of on this deal. Independent Commission just got played like a fiddle.

We were promised so much, yet given so little. An absolute joke that a code as big as the NRL has its official free to air broadcast partner show just one game live. I understand 4 PM games are TV friendly as they run straight into the news, but at least show it live. Two Friday night games are also unnessasary, however, they could at least screen one of them on either GEM or GO, that way their both live. And back to night Grand Finals, just shows how little they thought of the fans when signing of on this deal. Independent Commission just got played like a fiddle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6