Ch9.....5 more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hate that we're going back to a 7.15pm grand final and the idea of Sunday evening games (the 6.30pm games) bugs the hell out of me. If there are 13 of them are year, you can bet there'll be 13 less Sunday afternoon games a year - which is the one time slot NRL fans want to see more of.

Hate that we're going back to a 7.15pm grand final and the idea of Sunday evening games (the 6.30pm games) bugs the hell out of me. If there are 13 of them are year, you can bet there'll be 13 less Sunday afternoon games a year - which is the one time slot NRL fans want to see more of.

Jethro said:
I can't see it happening but if they are still to broadcast two games on a Friday night, I just wish that they would broadcast both games at the same time (one on Nine and the other on GEM followed by the other game) so that you can choose the order in which game that you want to see first.

9 man said "no way we are doing that" (in the Press Conference)

Jethro said:
I can't see it happening but if they are still to broadcast two games on a Friday night, I just wish that they would broadcast both games at the same time (one on Nine and the other on GEM followed by the other game) so that you can choose the order in which game that you want to see first.

One huge downside I see to the deal is that State of Origin remains on Wednesdays and presumably that means no split rounds or stand alone Origin weekends. I don't think the clubs and players association will be happy with that outcome.

One huge downside I see to the deal is that State of Origin remains on Wednesdays and presumably that means no split rounds or stand alone Origin weekends. I don't think the clubs and players association will be happy with that outcome.

Ron E. Gibbs said:

Yep, 13 of the current 2.00pm games on Fox will become 6.30pm Sunday night games...so yes 13 LESS Sunday

Ron E. Gibbs said:

Yep, 13 of the current 2.00pm games on Fox will become 6.30pm Sunday night games...so yes 13 LESS Sunday

id really love to see the NRL trial a midday Saturday or Sunday game in and around Sydney (not just a NZ one) over a Sunday night game. Fans want more day games, it's a winter sport, why are we playing so much of it in freezing conditions that are not family friendly. you can attract the family a lot more, can take the kids for a day out (they are the future crowd), use that as your promotional angle, discounted family passes. The NRL wouldn't be so reliant on TV $$ if they could attract more bums on seats week in week out. We all know it's not easy to take the family along to all these night games, especially those who travel to games. You'd get better playing conditions, public transport would be a much safer option during daylight leaving the games and you wouldn't be getting home at the crack of midnight. Ensure every club gets at least one home game in this slot against a nearby rival, and each can really market the 'bring the family' angle. People would still tune into Fox if they have it i'm sure and it leaves a little breathing space between super saturday or the sunday arvo 9 game, it'd give fans a chance to get home before the 9 game too if it were a sunday. For those who do watch many of the games, it can be a long haul on the couch watching back to back games and if your team plays the last one, sometimes those pre game beers take their toll!. we have a whole weekend, why not use it. NRL take some responsibility for bringing in income and not relying so much on broadcasting and killing the atmosphere at games by having so many empty seats.

i know alot of junior footy is on at that time, but with some forward planning it could work, reduced games in that local comps that week the 'NRL comes to town', host clinics with ex players on training fields and get those kids who'd usually be playing, along to the game, then host a few junior games after the NRL one through the afternoon. imagine the kids joy of playing on the same field after watching a big game.

id really love to see the NRL trial a midday Saturday or Sunday game in and around Sydney (not just a NZ one) over a Sunday night game. Fans want more day games, it's a winter sport, why are we playing so much of it in freezing conditions that are not family friendly. you can attract the family a lot more, can take the kids for a day out (they are the future crowd), use that as your promotional angle, discounted family passes. The NRL wouldn't be so reliant on TV $$ if they could attract more bums on seats week in week out. We all know it's not easy to take the family along to all these night games, especially those who travel to games. You'd get better playing conditions, public transport would be a much safer option during daylight leaving the games and you wouldn't be getting home at the crack of midnight. Ensure every club gets at least one home game in this slot against a nearby rival, and each can really market the 'bring the family' angle. People would still tune into Fox if they have it i'm sure and it leaves a little breathing space between super saturday or the sunday arvo 9 game, it'd give fans a chance to get home before the 9 game too if it were a sunday. For those who do watch many of the games, it can be a long haul on the couch watching back to back games and if your team plays the last one, sometimes those pre game beers take their toll!. we have a whole weekend, why not use it. NRL take some responsibility for bringing in income and not relying so much on broadcasting and killing the atmosphere at games by having so many empty seats.

i know alot of junior footy is on at that time, but with some forward planning it could work, reduced games in that local comps that week the 'NRL comes to town', host clinics with ex players on training fields and get those kids who'd usually be playing, along to the game, then host a few junior games after the NRL one through the afternoon. imagine the kids joy of playing on the same field after watching a big game.

Ideally for me two fri nyt games 1 live on 9 the other on gem or fox. Three sat games 3pm 530pm and 8pm. Three Sunday games 12pm and two times 3pm one on fox one on nein.

Ideally for me two fri nyt games 1 live on 9 the other on gem or fox. Three sat games 3pm 530pm and 8pm. Three Sunday games 12pm and two times 3pm one on fox one on nein.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

This "commercial" decision is complete bullocks. For a lot of league fans like myself with young kids this will make it virtually impossible to attend these late starting games! 2pm Sunday games are fantastic!

Mmmm how many Manly games will be on at this time!?!? :s

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

This "commercial" decision is complete bullocks. For a lot of league fans like myself with young kids this will make it virtually impossible to attend these late starting games! 2pm Sunday games are fantastic!

Mmmm how many Manly games will be on at this time!?!? :s

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jethro said:

Bugger :D

Mark from Brisbane said:
Jethro said:

Bugger :D

just sent off a email to nrl HQ about the TV deal , one or two things that piss me off and you people on here have covered them , but gez its all about the money, no thought seems to be given to the fans ,1 live free to air game , night grand final , pay TV showing the only games on sat , i'm not sure we have moved forward at all barring the monetary value , and channel 9 have already said we have paid the money so this is what it is ,gez leaves a lot of room there to change things if the fans don't like it , the only winners are the clubs and players OK RANT OVER ....

just sent off a email to nrl HQ about the TV deal , one or two things that piss me off and you people on here have covered them , but gez its all about the money, no thought seems to be given to the fans ,1 live free to air game , night grand final , pay TV showing the only games on sat , i'm not sure we have moved forward at all barring the monetary value , and channel 9 have already said we have paid the money so this is what it is ,gez leaves a lot of room there to change things if the fans don't like it , the only winners are the clubs and players OK RANT OVER ....

I'm really disappointed. I had high hopes that the independent commission would fix some of the problems with broadcasting the game, however it seems like its business as usual.
There is a lack of transparency and consultation in the running of the game. If I had of known this is what they were thinking then I and a lot of other fans would have lobbied the NRL.
I believe that the broadcasting arrangements are the factor contributing most the the decline of rugby league. Kids just aren't getting to see the afternoon football that my generation grew up with, however they do get to see lots of AFL on free to air and are loosing interest in rugby league. A night time grand final is a joke.
I'm so angry that I feel like boycotting channel Nine. Their other programs are just rubbish anyway.
If you don't think rugby league is in decline then come to the bush. A place like Wardell used to have 17 teams and now has none. That's not an isolated case similar scenarios are widespread. It' s because the kids just don't get to see it on free to air like they used too! Sure its more complicated than that - however promoting the game through scheduling and broadcasting afternoon games would be a start in fixing the problems. What an opportunity lost by a bunch of self important, out of touch, double talking corporate, money driven ...
Yeah I know the response I'm going to get - Oh but it is more money for the clubs and players! Well rugby league was thriving before all this corporate involvement in the game. Players played because we enjoyed it not because it was a career path.
Another five years of interruptions for advertisements ,poor commentary and late nights just to see the second game. What a crappy day - at least wolfman will make a comeback - not sure rugby league can survive another five years of channel nine.

I'm really disappointed. I had high hopes that the independent commission would fix some of the problems with broadcasting the game, however it seems like its business as usual.
There is a lack of transparency and consultation in the running of the game. If I had of known this is what they were thinking then I and a lot of other fans would have lobbied the NRL.
I believe that the broadcasting arrangements are the factor contributing most the the decline of rugby league. Kids just aren't getting to see the afternoon football that my generation grew up with, however they do get to see lots of AFL on free to air and are loosing interest in rugby league. A night time grand final is a joke.
I'm so angry that I feel like boycotting channel Nine. Their other programs are just rubbish anyway.
If you don't think rugby league is in decline then come to the bush. A place like Wardell used to have 17 teams and now has none. That's not an isolated case similar scenarios are widespread. It' s because the kids just don't get to see it on free to air like they used too! Sure its more complicated than that - however promoting the game through scheduling and broadcasting afternoon games would be a start in fixing the problems. What an opportunity lost by a bunch of self important, out of touch, double talking corporate, money driven ...
Yeah I know the response I'm going to get - Oh but it is more money for the clubs and players! Well rugby league was thriving before all this corporate involvement in the game. Players played because we enjoyed it not because it was a career path.
Another five years of interruptions for advertisements ,poor commentary and late nights just to see the second game. What a crappy day - at least wolfman will make a comeback - not sure rugby league can survive another five years of channel nine.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4