Ch 9 Footy show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol,i like this thread,if you live on the northern beaches hold your nose to the sky and let others bath in your reverence,if your from the west your IQ must be lower than your shoe size,I challenge the users of the words low brow to give us a lesson on what it means without using wikipedia or Google

Score one for the WEST SIDE :D

Captain of the Gate link said:
As much as you say you want it, no one wants to talk serious footy late Thursday night. The Footy show has always been and will always be a light entertainment show. Yes they have players on and go through the games (as well they should), but the point of the show is a few laughs and a look at a few key players. Don't read too much into it. I like watching it, I can switch off and just watch. I've gotta say that 127 Hours sketch made me laugh

Couldn't agree less.  I would much prefer to watch a more serious footy show, regardless of the night.  Yes it has always been light - and it has always been poor because of it.  It's longevity is due to the game it represents not the show itself.  The Matty Johns show took it a step further in the stupidity stakes and that flopped.

Shane link said:
Lol,i like this thread,if you live on the northern beaches hold your nose to the sky and let others bath in your reverence,if your from the west your IQ must be lower than your shoe size,I challenge the users of the words low brow to give us a lesson on what it means without using wikipedia or Google

Score one for the WEST SIDE :D

Funny thing is most of those complaining about the footy show arent northern beaches residents :) (myself included)

Low brow was originally somethign to do with art if I remember rightly, wouldnt be able to say more than that without doing some digging. HTH

At the conclusion of this thread i will give you the definitive meaning of low brow,not just the intended use for it as unintellegible garbage but what its referring to

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186772.msg321843#msg321843 date=1299816514]
LOL at the people trying to profess a stronger intellect coz they don't like the show

Whinge forum people ...
Directing it to the whinge forum is a false refuge for the intellectually challenged.  Ones who think Brad Fittler is a poster child for excellence in elocution. 
[/quote]

Fittler is Henry Higgins compared to Laurie Daley....now there's someone who done missed a lot of school

Matabele link said:
  The show is entirely appropriate for the western suburbs of Sydney, country NSW and Logan and surrounds in Brisbane. 

Ok... you baited the hook... so I'll bite!
Living in north east of NSW we are the better area to reside.
Pls don't ally us with dopey pockets of the city that you live i.e. Western suburbs.

Fro link said:
lismore maybe you should find out where people actually do live.
The fumes wafting from Byron are getting to him.

And Shane, we don't need any more examples of low brow from you thanks.  Your every post is a prime exhibit.

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else :)

Last night on the Footy Show
Robbo (Allan Robinson) was at Knights training and interviewed Jarred Mullins.

Robbo - do you you like my Manly training gear?
JM  - no!
Robbo - I dont have any knights gear!

Then proceeded to but the foam mike up Jarreds nose!

(or something along these lines! :))

Been a good show tonight I thought. Except for some of Vossy jokes which were worse than usual.

As someone who has been fortunate enough to meet Ben Roberts-Smith and another VC medal winner in Mark Donaldson they are two very impressive individuals and we should all be very proud.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7