• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A puppet of the management/ownership team, who we obviously got cheap. (The Chris Bailey of CEO's.)

Only thing he has achieved is shutting Zorba up...but then again I think someone else may have done that.

One thing that has stopped is the slanging match between the co-owners in the media, behind closed doors is a different matter but if there was serious squabling by the two parties it would of been leaked, that hasn't happened. Whether that has anything to do with Lowe or not only time will tell.

I believe most of the damage and loss of sponsorship has been self-inflicted by last years debacle.

The co-owners have been mysteriously quite, what I mean by that is that there hasn't been any positive statements or anouncements by them or anyone else at the club.

Some valid points guys but re-hashing them time and again on here may help you vent but what is it going to achieve apart from another round of for and against CEO posts.

No problems with us having a difference in opinion and I know that most of you posting are members of both the Sea Eagles and Football Club and have the best interests of the club at heart.

Go to the source - email him or call him for a chat with your concerns?

I saw the copy of an email Ryan sent a while ago and don't know if he sent it or got a response (I did comment that some of the items may not be things that he would perhaps go public with) - Ryan?

Some of you have attended functions where he has been - have you approached him and spoken to him?

The odd few times that I have been in contact with him and have raised concerns he's been happy to chat and explain - I may not always agree with him nor him with me but at least he will listen.

Give it a try?

Re members tickets there is generally an option to purchase 10 or 12 games to cover the 2 home games that are moved

Re Brookie - Council (The owners) of course moves slowly on things like this but the community consultation (as was advertised previously on this forum) is being held this evening and the Sea Eagles will have around 30 people involved including Management, board members, former players and long term supporters who are well versed in the process and comfortable in those types of forums.

Until Council/community have agreement on what they will do with the facility it is difficult to go cap in hand to get funding over and above the money we have already been granted

vidmar link said:
I saw the copy of an email Ryan sent a while ago and don't know if he sent it or got a response (I did comment that some of the items may not be things that he would perhaps go public with) - Ryan?

No mate - nothing in reply (I expected as much to be honest). That's his perogative, and really, has no bearing on my thoughts, which really is just perception anyway, so may be totally wrong on all accounts - and I don't and would never dispute that.

He may well be the most active, innovative, rewarding CEO of any company in Australia as much as I know.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=184981.msg289223#msg289223 date=1283252215]
PorkChopsville.

Best seen in the rear view mirror.
[/quote]

Barely took my eyes off the road in front of me :)

It's hard to blame the CEO for team performances or the state of Brookie. They are out of his control.

The most important things for Lowe this year would have been major and minor sponsorships and membership numbers. So far not doing to well on both.

After that would have been communication with members, supporters and the general public. Not going so good there either, but he's trying and it is improving.

It's pretty obvious that he was hired to quell the fire between the 2 owners, so from my point of view, don't blame Lowe. He's doing the best job he can do under the circumstances. Blame the 2 owners. From the heights of 2008, they have gone a long way to bring the club back down to it's knees.

abnc link said:
It's hard to blame the CEO for team performances or the state of Brookie. They are out of his control.

The most important things for Lowe this year would have been major and minor sponsorships and membership numbers. So far not doing to well on both.

After that would have been communication with members, supporters and the general public. Not going so good there either, but he's trying and it is improving.

It's pretty obvious that he was hired to quell the fire between the 2 owners, so from my point of view, don't blame Lowe. He's doing the best job he can do under the circumstances. Blame the 2 owners. From the heights of 2008, they have gone a long way to bring the club back down to it's knees.

We all have that single quote stuck in our head by a former legend

"If its all good in the front office on the field takes care of itself" or something to that effect,Mayer seem us become consistant finals contenders and ended with us beating melbourne

Lowe has came in and we're on the edge of the top 8 by a testicular hair that threatens to break as bulldogs players retire

Surely some blame can be fired at the change in our front office,it may not be his fault but its all changed on the field since his arrival,coincidence perhaps,perhaps not

i wonder how many of this years members will sign up again next year after the way the membership department has changed their stragey in regards to member interaction.

Im tipping many will walk away.
I personally will keep mine, probably downgraded because living in QLD i wont get to 6 home games.

Him and his lackys need firing,they have been bad for bussiness and insulting to fans,hang them by nut hair from the top of the Fulton/Menzies stand

Shane link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184981.msg289399#msg289399 date=1283309294]

We all have that single quote stuck in our head by a former legend

"If its all good in the front office on the field takes care of itself" or something to that effect,Mayer seem us become consistant finals contenders and ended with us beating melbourne

Lowe has came in and we're on the edge of the top 8 by a testicular hair that threatens to break as bulldogs players retire

Surely some blame can be fired at the change in our front office,it may not be his fault but its all changed on the field since his arrival,coincidence perhaps,perhaps not
[/quote]

As i said, if you want to blame someone, the fingers should be pointed squarely at the 2 owners. I agree we should get a more qualified CEO, but blaming Lowe will do nothing, the owners need to be held accountable for his appointment.

abnc link said:

Well, that's the whole point I'm trying to make mate. We could have hired a mediator lawyer to sort all the rubbish out at 2% of the cost:-

http://rc12.overture.com/d/sr/?xargs=15KPjg1%5FZSnJamwr%2DicLjLSuOKxl4axca59sNtCZZ%2DGtFc5iMxXON9ZqvDnMB8Tuxxv1PdzPWW%2D6ASLvrymfmMEguLTFuNHObpjdLJyYM4M6uiWtEbsYRzy%2DzomIZHPXsE2laEOd%2D%5Fnu7acZdRD05ajddAwBya%2DPdrxM%2DwwOIdBuuJ1VBlhQOWZcMSvPIkhMvGXJkIQ7ZWfNrom1SQdYoRmNF1wN2UCSEQWVjQ7G99rlKAMm9ypqrTepEIu7fvmI3gTdPKyNQPLgfXtqU%5FsU%2DGlCvJkNsnbyXcn%2DIMnUkFe7vr0wrL2U4rwJ7vsKTWKNl172eiFI%2DHRC6qDgEuLQciCsy4eTqdZg5%2DoXq7S9FLed%5F%5Foi68FuDctRUXQRAM6deiaYQL4xuZiDdvHTffS%5FGO7W1IJLMn3Bv18iiL%2Dlsog%2DgWycc%2E

But that is not what we needed to take us into the new future. We needed an innovative, market leading guru, that has the ability to have fans and sponsors alike falling over themsleves to get a piece of us.

But, in my opinion, we got the opposite.

ok, if you don't want to blame the CEO, someone is to blame, because as you said, there should be fingers pointed.

Ok, the owners have played their part in all of this. But someone doesn't get rellocated, paid circa $200k per annum, to sit in his office, and produce "The Club" week in, week out.

Cambo link said:
i wonder how many of this years members will sign up again next year after the way the membership department has changed their stragey in regards to member interaction.

Im tipping many will walk away.
I personally will keep mine, probably downgraded because living in QLD i wont get to 6 home games.

That's one that will grate with a lot of people.I probably cant get to as many this year (logistics with kid,$$$,etc) so will be downgrading to 3 match flexi-pass,maybe.

Also, isn't it the job of the MEDIA manager to navigate what is released to the media (example - the issue between the owners)?

If that is the case, what HAS Lowe done? Or is it "his" job when anything positive is done (even though someones specific role is to circumvent such), and "others" role when poor things happen?

Excuses.

It can be debated all day and all night, buts lets all be honest here, unless any of us are stalking him, we have absolutely zero idea what is in the pipeline or how he spends his day

I do find a few points funny though

Mayer set up the Bluetongue deal, yet Lowe is getting hammered for it

The sponsors one as well. Why would we announce it during the season, while Quantum are still on the jersey and have naming rights. Again, if we go back to Mayer, the god of CEOs, I recall that all of his sponsorships were announced during the off season. That always seemed to be good enough

I liked the one blaming Lowe for the state of Brookie as well

Lowe is responsible for the sides on field results, i enjoy that one as well. Especially when the people saying it then go on to state Greenburg is an awesome CEO yet that side is running 13th

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It can be debated all day and all night, buts lets all be honest here, unless any of us are stalking him, we have absolutely zero idea what is in the pipeline or how he spends his day

I do find a few points funny though

Mayer set up the Bluetongue deal, yet Lowe is getting hammered for it

The sponsors one as well. Why would we announce it during the season, while Quantum are still on the jersey and have naming rights. Again, if we go back to Mayer, the god of CEOs, I recall that all of his sponsorships were announced during the off season. That always seemed to be good enough

I liked the one blaming Lowe for the state of Brookie as well

Lowe is responsible for the sides on field results, i enjoy that one as well. Especially when the people saying it then go on to state Greenburg is an awesome CEO yet that side is running 13th
lets see how he goes getting a major sponsor
if he can secure a good deal then i dont think we can complain tbh

Exactly Cambo, let's see what eventuates

Sponsorships would be more off season announcements than in season announcements imo

I am just wondering what sort of marketing masterpiece Lowe is expected to produce.

Manly is a team in a similar geographical location to say Cronulla (a coastal area close to the Sydney CBD). But Cronulla own their own ground and so have a major advantage.

The Sydney market is saturated with league sides and free to air games seem to be dominated by the Roosters, Dragons & Eels making them a more attractive proposition to be tied to.

Then you have the "No one likes us, we dont care" badge of honour worn by Manly supporters. Would a potential sponsor want to be linked to a team that nobody likes.

I don't for one minute think it is as cut and dried as that but if you ask yourself "how could I increase the revenue stream for Manly in todays economic climate" I don't think there are many easy answers.

I have absolutely know business acumen so I would be the last person to comment on his performance. As for the owners I will always be the first to acknowledge and thank them for saving our club.

I have been watching Manly go round since Bob Batty was our fullback and they've always been a part of my life, I'm not a negative person by nature but something keeps gnawing at my gut about our future.
Perhaps it's just the idea for me that Manly has always been this powerhouse club that seemed impervious to the struggles that other clubs have had to endure.
Maybe I have just had it to good for to long !

We have something concrete to appraise him on next week, according to the club email a very revised membership structure will be released next week

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8