CEO BOZO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Why not? He is pulling all the strings and spending Penn's money.

Let's face reality, a clean out and accelerated rebuild was necessary. Next year is a rebuild and climb up the ladder year. The year after, we should be targeting grand final day.

Our greatest victory this year was retaining DCE for life.

Foran, good riddance, no more love for you in my household. Should have advised Manly much earlier that you wanted to leave.

All the old boys boys in our team have numbered days left in our colours, and let's not kid ourselves, they are well past their spectacular peak! The sooner they leave, the faster we regenerate. Matai, Lyon, Ballin and Stewart will be loved in my household for eternity but, if Bozo taps them on the shoulder, then I'll accept their time has come. No need to fret over these decisions. Matai will always be remembered for the joy of his awesome hits, Lyon will always be remembered for his best in class centre status, Ballin will always be remembered as a generational best hooker for Manly and Snake, well where do we start with the accolades?

Bozo is the key to our success right now. He may as well be our spokesperson, contract negotiator, designated NRL critic, coach mentor, junior developer ... and CEO.

I agree with you. 2016 will be a good year but will be the year before the next decade of dominance for Manly. I can see Ballin moving on to England next year post his rehab. As for Snake, Skivvy and Killer; I think 2016 is Skivvy's last year. His body is just too broken. I suspect Killer and Snake will try for one final year of glory in 2017 before bowing out. That works for me. Allows a smooth change over in player leadership and allows us to blood guys like Tom T and Jesse Ramien.

image.jpg

With the roster he had at Manly when he was coach he should have won more than 1 premiership in the 80s ...and the same could be said for the 90s.
His involvement in the NSW is hardly a successful one.
I'd prefer a younger CEO. Would much prefer Geoff Toovey as CEO.
I'd be curious to see how Joe Kelly would go without having to be Penn's puppet. Not likely to happen though.

I'm a little surprised that the Penns haven't invited Grant Mayer back as CEO and moved Joe Kelly into CFO which would be \his natural position (well, it is a football forum:)).

Looking back at old press reports it appears Mayer had the backing of the Penns and Hasler. He also appears to have been popular with some of the more vocal anti-Penn Silvertails. Long termers here would obviously have more background on this story.

Some quotes from 2009 Roar link here.......... http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/06/18/sea-eagles-confirm-mayers-departure/..............................

Manly chairman Scott Penn paid tribute to Mayer, who took over at the Sea Eagles in 2006 and was contracted to the club until October this year.

“Grant came to Manly at a time when the Sea Eagles were struggling off the field and formed a wonderful partnership with (coach) Des Hasler to take the team to successive grand finals, including the 2008 premiership and 2009 World Club Challenge,” Penn said in the statement.

“Grant leaves the club in good shape, having increased revenue more than 30 per cent, more than doubling membership and tripling merchandise sales as well as signing our new major sponsor.

“We are a much stronger organisation as a result of Grant’s leadership.”

He was also quite a divisive (and rude) figure, prone to Gould-like 'I put the air in the football' excesses and a dismissive attitude to those he felt he didn't need to impress.

His more recent efforts at Wests' Tigers and the fact that he never seems to stay in a job for very long, might suggest that he is not all he was cracked up to be (at Manly) and not particularly popular either.

View attachment 2392

With the roster he had at Manly when he was coach he should have won more than 1 premiership in the 80s ...and the same could be said for the 90s.
His involvement in the NSW is hardly a successful one.
I'd prefer a younger CEO. Would much prefer Geoff Toovey as CEO.
I'd be curious to see how Joe Kelly would go without having to be Penn's puppet. Not likely to happen though.
Can't compare the game of today with that of yesteryear which is a full time job and more professional. You must remember in the 80s players had full time jobs and would play finals midweek. 90s was disappointing although a controversy as it was in the midst of the superleague war and I believe the grand final outcome was staged to look like a Cinderella story which in turn made the NRL look good (hahahah @:D just joking). He did well to get the team to the finals several times in both decades. Was also successful with selection of the

Agree with the poor selection of the NSW squad over the past few years, although I'm pretty sure he is not the only selector in the committee. I can't see him as CEO more of a behind the scenes role. Always been known as a man who gets what he wants. I'm pretty sure he will be a primary figure in the rebuild of this club.

Wouldn't surprise me if Toovey returns in a few short years as the next CEO of Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6