Centre's of attention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie

Reserve Grader
i know there is a dally M thread, but feel our awesome centres need more recognition.

firstly congrats to killer for centre of the year, but also congrats to Matai for being nominated as well.
not often you see two players from the same team being nominated for the award.

i've said it before, but i think we have the two best centres in the game and wouldn't swap our centres for anybody in the comp!

also finding it hard to find a better manly centre pairing since i have been supporting the mighty eagles, i think Matai & Lyon have taken over from Hill & Innes as my all-time fav centres

So you wouldn;t pay $2 million for Idris?

me neither

By the way is the term centres of excellence?

Funny enough that the Titans builing has big signage on it that says "Centre of Excellence" I laugh every time I drive by. And will next year when they have Idris.

Better than Hill & Innes? I won't say better but they are at the same level, thats a big enough wrap. Speaking of Hill & Innes I remember the 96 season they were outstanding, as a team we only averaged conceeding 8 points per game and they were a huge part of that. I remember a game when we were down something like 18-0 against the chooks and we won the game with a Craig Innes try and one of the best fends ever straight into the mush of Matt Sing.

Killer & Skivvie are up there with our best ever combinations. Another premiership title will enhance their claims to be best ever.

Masked Eagle said:
Better than Hill & Innes? I won't say better but they are at the same level, thats a big enough wrap. Speaking of Hill & Innes I remember the 96 season they were outstanding, as a team we only averaged conceeding 8 points per game and they were a huge part of that. I remember a game when we were down something like 18-0 against the chooks and we won the game with a Craig Innes try and one of the best fends ever straight into the mush of Matt Sing.

Innes had a terrific fend. I remember my first game at Brookie and he skirted wide to the western touchline to get on the outside of his man. I think it was Kevin Iro who came across and had him covered and only had to put him off balance as he was so close to the sideline. As he came in to tackle, Innes stuck out the right mit and sat Iro on his @rse with out budging a millimetre off his line. One of the best fends I've seen.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Killer & Skivvie are up there with our best ever combinations. Another premiership title will enhance their claims to be best ever.

But it will only be their first premiership as centre partners.

codewana said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

But it will only be their first premiership as centre partners.

Yeah, but the less said about Steve Bell Dr.Zoidberg the better.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7