Central Coast Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To a degree UP. Just imagine you were a fringe player that came on late in the aseason, and get suspended at the end of the year. Next year roles along, and your sitting on the sidelines picking your nose while some kid comes out, and absolutely calves up the opposition, and you lose your spot.

To put that in Manly terms:- Matai (as normal) is out suspended.

Imagine Vaeliki has had a belter off season, and calves them up in the trials. Neumann the same. What does Des do? Dump the performers? In this case, and as Des is risk adverse, he'd probably not dump Matai, but if we had a coach like Bellamy / Bennett, the best man for the job gets it.

Ok but say Billy Blogs head highs Joe Blow in round 25 and gets 2 games one of which is a semi final where his presence is of great importance. Joe Blow's team makes the GF where Joe head highs Fred Nurk and gets 2 weeks after recieving his Premiership ring. he sits out 2 nothing trials that he may not have played anyway and is ready to front up in round one. Who got the worst sentence for the same offence

I think I can hear Fro cocking his rifle. Oh well...
"Calves up the opposition"? Is that making a meal of it, like say veal ????
lmao rhino

ManlyBacker link said:
\"Calves up the opposition\"? Is that making a meal of it, like say veal ????
lmao rhino

Any fringe player gives birth to a cow all over the opposition during a trial game deserves a regular spot in the starting line up I reckon!! They'd be packed in on the hill each week for that!!

Matabele link said:
If we lose this trial look for Ryan to come on predicting a wooden spoon season for us.

Speak for yourself, not the group....your not in a gang Mata.... :-X

ManlyBacker link said:
\"Calves up the opposition\"? Is that making a meal of it, like say veal ????
lmao rhino

I do that because every time I write it, he calves me up, just like clockwork.

Ryan link said:
To a degree UP. Just imagine you were a fringe player that came on late in the aseason, and get suspended at the end of the year. Next year roles along, and your sitting on the sidelines picking your nose while some kid comes out, and absolutely calves up the opposition, and you lose your spot.

To put that in Manly terms:- Matai (as normal) is out suspended.

Imagine Vaeliki has had a belter off season, and calves them up in the trials. Neumann the same. What does Des do? Dump the performers? In this case, and as Des is risk adverse, he'd probably not dump Matai, but if we had a coach like Bellamy / Bennett, the best man for the job gets it.

Calves is only the start of it, I was going to ignore it but you would all be disappointed :)

Late in the aseason

Next year roles around

Your sitting on the sideline

Is that enough??

Canteen Worker link said:
Note also that Des is risk adverse!!!  He is becoming a poet??? Or taking on one of the Gladiators???? :) :) :)

I think Des is not as risk adverse as some think he is. 

I remember many started calling him this when he would not give younger guys a run, however over the last 2 years he has been blooding lots of new players when the time is right!!!  In the past many of the players we were calling to be given a run were not ready.

Canteen Worker link said:
Sorry to be a pedant but it is 'risk averse'. Adverse is an adjective.

Here endeth the lesson! :lol:

It says something about the literacy levels of this country that you're lecturing adults on Grade 6 English.

I notice the office of the former Education Minister in this country put out a media release that referred to "Media byers". 

We're not writing a script for the Queen, we're writing on a football forum. A Rugby League one at that.

Australia has literacy rates in the top 5 in the world on any measure and even higher than that if you leave one people group out of the mix.

Don't take ourselves too seriously - as said it is a footy forum!!!

And the purpose of language is to make meaning - I think we all knew what the others were saying!!!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=176878.msg177665#msg177665 date=1202542835]
We're not writing a script for the Queen, we're writing on a football forum. A Rugby League one at that.

It still betrays a shoddiness.
[/quote]

Just like your error in the rugby thread the other day  ;)

Anyway I know I am ordinary with my grammar, however I do not care to check it on a footy forum, with work I do.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=176878.msg177665#msg177665 date=1202542835]

It still betrays a shoddiness.
[/quote]

So does living in Dubbo, but do we all harp on you for that? :p

is it like woy woy, wagga wagga, and dubbo dubbo lol now being a country boy why the Eagles, shouldn't it be Raiders or Panthers???  :D ;)

Darren link said:
is it like woy woy, wagga wagga, and dubbo dubbo lol now being a country boy why the Eagles, shouldn't it be Raiders or Panthers???  :D ;)

Mata should be supporting the Wee Waa Panthers.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2