Central Coast Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

damiennp90

Bencher
Hi mates,

There's an article on NRL saying that the roosters are ending there deal with the Newtown Jets, and Will strike a deal with the Wyong Roos.

"The news comes on the back of an alliance the Roosters made earlier in the year with the entire Central Coast Division Rugby League, in which the NRL outfit outlined plans to implement a series of development pathways and participation initiatives for the 5500 registered players, coaches and officials associated with the division."

What do you think.

Manly should go after the CQ area. It's here for the taking!! Under cut the Panthers and piss off the Bronco's. It's win, win, WIN!!! Someone make the call!

Yet another reason why we should abandon playing matches at Gosford.
Most of the locals are disenchanted former Bears supporters.
I have no objection to the club trying to make money, but would prefer to see a couple of Manly matches played in Perth, or in a NSW country area, than Gosford - provided they were money-spinners.
The NRL has put all clubs (except Brisbane) in a difficult position by handing over scheduling to a TV network. If clubs were able to schedule matches when they wanted all would have much healthier crowds.

No surprise here considering the junior program that the Roosters currently have. You can come up with all the pathways you want. In the end the club that wants you the most will likely end up getting you.

The Who said:
Yet another reason why we should abandon playing matches at Gosford.
Most of the locals are disenchanted former Bears supporters.
I have no objection to the club trying to make money, but would prefer to see a couple of Manly matches played in Perth, or in a NSW country area, than Gosford - provided they were money-spinners.
The NRL has put all clubs (except Brisbane) in a difficult position by handing over scheduling to a TV network. If clubs were able to schedule matches when they wanted all would have much healthier crowds.

Personally I'd prefer to see Manly play some games at Hindmarsh Stadium here in Adelaide, but that won't happen. Still, the Sea Eagles have a perfect winning record here ;)

It's really been poor form by us to lose the Sunshine Coast and now the central coast. 2 large junior areas that we should have had at least 1 under our wing. What do we actually have at the moment apart from the small local area ?

mickqld said:
What do we actually have at the moment apart from the small local area ?

Now that Parra have an intelligent coach like Arthurs he won't let us pinch many Parra juniors in the future

Guess we will just have to reply on norths juniors again

mickqld said:
It's really been poor form by us to lose the Sunshine Coast and now the central coast. 2 large junior areas that we should have had at least 1 under our wing. What do we actually have at the moment apart from the small local area ?

Well blame the NSWRL and the ARL for our loss of the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have an embarrassing reserve grade playing in the NSW Cup but a thriving QLD Cup team instead.

Contrary to the Bears talk, I think Manly are pretty popular on the Coast. I drive the F3 (M1 Pacific Motorway, no less!) most days and I see an unbelievable number of cars with Manly stickers. Makes me quite happy really. So yes, Wyong should have been Manly's.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6