Caxton Street

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele sat in that bay a few years ago - suffice to say he didn't mix well with the true supporters.  Then the things he did to the Broncos horse which did endless laps of the ground that night probably resulted in the need to sit up the other end of Suncorp.

Matabele link said:
I have to commend the away supporters bay though.  They made a hell of a lot of noise and were even booed by the rest of the crowd at one point.

Do I detect just a small amount of envy? It was a fantastic atmosphere in Bay 317 (and the tickets bought through the club  were on an upper tier and not in the sun and high enough for the sun to be blocked by the Western Stand.

The element that you so loathe has dwindled and the crowd that made Bay 317 so special last Sunday may have even have met your higher social standing.

A win in Brisbane is something special, but to share it with like minded supporters and their children made it so much more of a day that will be long remembered. The afternoon was spent singing and chanting and to know that we were being heard on the far side of the ground is heartening, at least I now know why I had no voice on Monday. 

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177475.msg184438#msg184438 date=1210742375]
I have to commend the away supporters bay though.  They made a hell of a lot of noise and were even booed by the rest of the crowd at one point.

Do I detect just a small amount of envy? It was a fantastic atmosphere in Bay 317 (and the tickets bought through the club  were on an upper tier and not in the sun and high enough for the sun to be blocked by the Western Stand.

The element that you so loathe has dwindled and the crowd that made Bay 317 so special last Sunday may have even have met your higher social standing.

A win in Brisbane is something special, but to share it with like minded supporters and their children made it so much more of a day that will be long remembered. The afternoon was spent singing and chanting and to know that we were being heard on the far side of the ground is heartening, at least I now know why I had no voice on Monday. 
[/quote]

Mate - it sounds like a great day - I really wanna go next year. Hope you don't mind me tagging along. Never know, we may even sit next to each other....I may even behave and remain clothed. :p

I have not detected much loathing etc these days. It seems some of the usual suspects have slinked off to their own confines and the tripe that goes on here stays in here!!! :)

Ryan link said:
Mate - it sounds like a great day - I really wanna go next year. Hope you don't mind me tagging along. Never know, we may even sit next to each other....I may even behave and remain clothed. :p

I will try to make it down there if Manly play Brisbane next  year. Will be worth the trip I reckon.

Well worth the trip people.
The gathering of like minded people from near and far at the LA pre game was a good way to start the day and fantastic atmosphere in Bay 317 (We were also in the upper tier of 317 out of the sun and had a great view of the game)
Post match at the Caxton was a blast and almost like being in the Leagues club on game day.
Having travelled up to Suncorp for the game a number of times now it is without doubt the bext away trip of the season.

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177475.msg184438#msg184438 date=1210742375]

[/quote]

Ah yes Pete by the heroes of my boys are Bullet, Beaver and Cuthbo.  So they saw the first two score tries just a few metres in front of them and could watch Cuthbo bend the line every time he had the ball.  They were thrilled.

And my voice was gone too, but I had the joy of shredding my tonsils directly at Bongos supporters who couldn't even shut it out by blocking their ears.

Wheel, after 15 minutes I was eying that horse off again. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4