Cartwright to the dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clay

Bencher
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/bbc1f5c72436dd4d31dc35827026247b

"Ivan Cleary and John Cartwright are ready to step into Des Hasler’s shoes should Canterbury cut loose their high-profile coach.

It’s understood both are eager to take over the reins at Belmore if the board and Hasler part ways."

People's thoughts on this?
I swear I read an article yesterday saying Cartwright is more then just an assistant at Manly.

If he is already looking elsewhere show him the door now imo. We need stability in our club not people searching for there next gig

Heard from a few usually reliable people that Cartwright got the tap on shoulder a couple of weeks ago saying services no longer required.
I'd be surprised though if dogs go for that combo. If they give Cleary the job the assistant would surely be Dymock after all this flapping around of 'coaching staff not getting the DNA of the club' seems like thats the line they're pushing through the media to justify the coaching clearout.

With the team we're building for next year.......I think easy top 4 with Des at the helm & Trent assisting! Just my opinion!!
Regardless of what people think of Des I guarantee you we are 50% more likely to make the 8 next year if he's running the show. Our club needs really strong uncompromising leaders that the players look up to and are willing to bust a gut to get the win. For all the Trent talk 'He's a great coach' we get fed by the players I just don't think he's got that respect. And without it you can have all the theoretical knowledge in the world but ure not gonna win comps. Big Mal wasn't much of a theoretical coach when it came down to tactics strategies structures with QLD - Michael Hagan was apparently the brains trust. But Mal was the leader and the bloke no player wanted to look in the eye if they hadn't played 100%

Last edited:
Of all the New Manly personal that fans have complained about, personally think its Cartwright by a length and a half over Myles as worst buy in 2016.
Barrett for all his "Yes Nah" & "I was happy with that game, they never stopped trying" after losing by a cricket score....had a fair few obstacles in his first year & I think apart from his post game circus speeches, is a better coach than most think.

Of all the New Manly personal that fans have complained about, personally think its Cartwright by a length and a half over Myles as worst buy in 2016.
Barrett for all his "Yes Nah" & "I was happy with that game, they never stopped trying" after losing by a cricket score....had a fair few obstacles in his first year & I think apart from his post game circus speeches, is a better coach than most think.
Based on.......

Regardless of what people think of Des I guarantee you we are 50% more likely to make the 8 next year if he's running the show. Our club needs really strong uncompromising leaders that the players look up to and are willing to bust a gut to get the win. For all the Trent talk 'He's a great coach' we get fed by the players I just don't think he's got that respect. And without it you can have all the theoretical knowledge in the world but ure not gonna win comps. Big Mal wasn't much of a theoretical coach when it came down to tactics strategies structures with QLD - Michael Hagan was apparently the brains trust. But Mal was the leader and the bloke no player wanted to look in the eye if they hadn't played 100%

Barrett is too nice a bloke to be a good NRL coach imo. I thought it before he came here and his performance in 2016 only reinforced my opinion.

All successful coaches have a bit of mongrel in them - Bennett, Bellamy, Maguire, Robinson, Hasler all have a dark side, and you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of them. As did Bozo and so did Tooves by the way.

Manly had its best performances this year when Barrett was under pressure after our poor performances in the early rounds. We had a few good weeks in a row, and I got the impression that Barrett was really fired up for those couple of weeks as he could see his job was under pressure.

After that though we slipped back to mediocrity. I don't think Barrett could keep up being a hardarse, as it doesn't come naturally to him, so he reverted to his usual nice guy personality.

I won't be crying in my beer if Cartwright makes an early exit....it might be an unfair thing to say but at least Barrett gives the impression that he cares about winning.

The day I saw him laughing at Barrett losing his **** in the box, was the day I turned off Cartwright forever. It was raised with him, and he defended it, but boy, what a dickhead.

Just like his key recruit in Myles, laughing up a storm with his Broncos buddies just after they flogged us - then posting Broncos Nation on his Twitter feed.

We need to weed these imposters, and interlopers out of the club. If you're not Manly - **** OFF !! That's why I want Des back - maroon and white blood at the core.

I think he's crap. Nathan Brown is probably the only one worse than him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7