1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carney takes a fall from grace

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Maybe, maybe......  8)

"Todd Carney has had a lucky escape, the Roosters playmaker reportedly only suffering minor injuries after falling from his balcony on Monday evening.

According to reports on Sportsnewsfirst, the reigning Dally M medallist was attempting to retrieve a set of keys when he fell from the balcony at his home in the Sydney suburb of Coogee.

Some reports have suggested that Carney suffered internal injuries in the fall but Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce has said Carney will be fit to return to training next month.

"I'd say the only thing that was hurt is his pride," Noyce said."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/carneys-balcony-fall-104212

2. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Didn't Aaron Cannings also fall from a balcony while he was playing for us?
    I think he fractured his skull but was back at training the next week so just goes to show what a pussy Carney is :)

3. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I bet there is more to this story. What I have heard is that Carney couldn't find his keys after a night out and whilst climbing up to his property, he fell.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,797 / 122
    His friends had probably confiscated his keys so he wouldn't be tempted to drive anywhere.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  6. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Keys to the depository building ?

7. Mickyjuice

Mickyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Medicine Cabinet

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    he fractured his vertabrae(spelling)

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I thought Choc fell off a balcony.  What is it with these guys?  Can't they climb, or have a key under the mat, or go to Auntie Doris's place to kip, or ring some mate?  Hope he's out for the season.  Vertebra, ouch, that spinal column can hurt.. 

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I thought this was going to be about him being busted again popping valium pills from his dealer Jake Friend

11. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Jeez you guys must be bored. Cover up! Pfft! Why is it so hard to believe he locked himself out of his unit? Who cares if he was pissed!!!