1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carney out on the drink?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by WAMF, Apr 17, 2011.

1. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
  2. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    What do you want him to say? Is Carney not allowed to drink? Has there been any accusations of him doing anything other than having a drink?

3. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Pretty sure the reason he got away without suspension after his DUI was because he said he was off the grog and attending AA...

4. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    roosters have admitted he was drinking with watts i believe,the same watts who picked up toddys car after his dd effort iwearing no shirt or shoes and the bloke toddy has blazed away with on the piss over the offseason.grubs both of them.both have injuries and yet on the piss again.wonder what the magistrate who suckered for bull**** a week ago thinks now.

what brett stewart makes of this i can't imagine.mr gallop will need to be quick on his feet this time.im sure him,gyngall and co will dream up something.

5. Nthn NSW

Nthn NSW Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    You forgot Politis's name in there Susan!!!

The Rorters are full of grubs and nothing will happen to their latest grub.

6. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    does anyone seriously think that these grubs and the culture there are not a big part of the roosters slide.i am sick to death of excusing worthless grubs like this because they can play football.99% of players enjoy a drink and are like the rest of us.carney and co are the exception and need to be eradicated.

memo to choc-pull your head in or this is how it ends.our little soap opera of the last 2 years has come on the back of indiscipline and unprofessionalism.we have turned the corner now well and truly and garbage like the stuff that goes on at bondi has no place at manly any more. the week suspension ws a great move and a great warning.

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Lay off Todd please, it was another inadvertant mistake, he is trying his best. With Double Standard David's support he will turn his life around, it may just take 34 NRL endorsed chances.

8. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I actually feel sorry for Carney he's going to get done by assoication wi

9. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    no one is blaming him for what watts did.

he will be brought to task because

1.he is a serial grub
    2.he hangs around with serial grubs.
    2.he is injured and should not be drinking.most clubs do not allow rehabilitating players to drink nor should they.eg fulton and gibbs 2 weeks ago.roosters are going terrible and this is his way of getting them back ion track.
    3.he swore on the bible last week in court he was off the drink and a changed man.every journalist knows he has been on a binge over the offseason and didnt want to ruin a great bull**** story.
    4.he is a grub
    5.he is a grub
    6.he is a grub

10. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

I think Mr. Carney might have sworn off the drink after his drink driving charge, did he not ?

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Susan, right on, its the culture that makes a team, ala 2008 and BK etc. Choc is playing a dangerous game.

12. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    cant agree more darren.2009,10 showed that.i actually think choc respects des enough to really stand up this year but he always treads a tightrope.

13. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    There is one type of person I'll go the knuckle with nowaday's and thats guy's who think it makes them more of a man to beat up a woman

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Interesting that the cops have appealed Carney's leniency. This only adds to their brief. Stupid stupid guy.

15. sydsider66

sydsider66 Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  16. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    We definitely dodged a bullet with that guy. From memory you were pretty keen to get him onboard DSM5, glad we did not?

17. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't know, him and Choc on the tear in the northern beaches would have made for interesting copy.

18. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Garts, you are right, I was keen. Thankfully others knew more than I about this guy. Total deadbeat and he would have influenced our guys in such the wrong way. We have enough to deal with in Choc, who I might add, I think the weeks demotion to onlooker might have served a good purpose.

19. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I would have taken him back then as well DSM. Very glad we didn't.

20. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I also found this interesting. I don't see how the can appeal because initally the judge gave a much harsher sentence but had to change her ruling because she wasn't obliged to give her initial sentence under the rules of the law. From what I read the magistrate gave Carney the maximum of what she was allowed to give so what can the cops appeal?

As for Carney, all we know is that he was drinking with Watts earlier in the evening. That is the only allegation levelled against him at this stage. I don't know if his court ruling was meant he wasn't allowed to drink, just that he was attempting to deal with a problem.

Carney may well get sacked by the roosters because he has breached some conditions he made with them, however from whats been said I don't think he is up for any fresh legal proceedings.

All we know at this stage is what has been said in the papers, and I would have thought if we learnt anything out of the reporting that was the Brett Stewart fiasco is not to believe everything we read.